View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 02:35 AM   #14
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Instead of Vision Cone, Why not Camera Panning based on movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I go the other way on this.

I'm already reading the defense with my own eyes. My virtual player shouldn't have to duplicate the task after I've already identified the receiver I want to throw to. It gets in the way. I especially don't want to have to use the right thumbstick to do anything at all in the current Madden game from an ergonomics standpoint - be it move my QB's vision cone or move a camera - when I have to use a controller face button to throw the ball, as I want to be able to keep my thumb on the face buttons if I have to use them to do anything at all. I can't move my thumb from the right thumbstick to the face button quickly enough to get a pass off before I get sacked.
My idea has none of that. It's something similar to what they already did in Madden 08 (WITHOUT any cones or any manual operation whatsoever). It's just a camera pan based on where you move the player. If you move to the left, the camera SLIGHTLY pans that direction.

Just like when you scramble to the right and it used to pan to the left so you could still see the whole field (I am pretty sure this started in Madden 08), except opposite: when you move right it pans right.

In Madden 08, if you ran to the right, the camera would pan slightly to the left. My idea would be a similar pan, just a bit stronger, and in the same direction you are moving rather than the opposite.

Here is an example of Madden 08. The camera slightly pans to the left when he starts running to the right toward the line of scrimmage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuChq7UkNHc&t=4m40s

My idea is similar to that, except that the camera would pan CLOCKWISE instead of counterclockwise, thereby OBSCURING the view to the far left and showing more of the far right.

For a QB who stayed in the center of the pocket, with the close camera he might have a little trouble seeing the sidelines near the line of scrimmage, but people already roll left or right when throwing that direction anyway, and in real life in the least the QB at least TURNS that way prior to throwing.

The main point of this is to make Mike Vick 04 crap a little harder to do.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 08-21-2014 at 02:39 AM.