Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #57
Sheba2011
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Speed and Strength are already on the QBs ratings. However, once again. How can you make one QB have a better tackle or pursuit rating? QBs are poor tacklers and often miss the tackle or their angle is blown. I say physics, because most QB tackles are them just running into the ball carrier and hoping they trip them up (Tom Brady vs Carey Williams).

Again, rare case, but when pursuit angle doesn't matter, along with plenty of other ratings, which is the macro problem; you are all finding micro problems to knit pick. Once he gets the ratings to matter and work on a system that is successful, then you add in other things that may happen in one of every 60 games lol.

Eli Manning 2 tackles since 2007.
Big Ben 8 tackles since 2004
Peyton Manning 7 tackles since 1998
Tom Brady 8 since 2001
Drew Brees 13 since 2002
Michael Vick 8 since 2004

Etc.

So again, it's such a rare event (like switching a QB to WR) that it's something I could do without until he fixes and cleans the rating system up.
It might not be as rare as you think, a lot of college QB's switch to WR when they enter the NFL, some notable ones are Julian Edelman, Dennard Robinson and Brad Smith. I bet there are quite a few people that were fan's of them in college who switch them back to QB in the game.