Old 08-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
OnlookerDelay
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club Patch Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
The way I see it, they've got two options here, in regards to improving the graphics:

1.) Change the resolution to 900p, and lock the frame rate at 30 fps. They'll have to drop the claim about it being as high as 45 fps, but I haven't seen or felt anything that resembled 45 fps when I was playing it with Vsync disabled.
Scratch the above as a possibility for the next update. TGC's community manager has confirmed they won't be doing something this ambitious with the first update.

Quote:
2.) Implement 4X MSAA, if you're going to relegate it to 720p, and clean up the rough edges in the game. I don't think they're using ANY AA in this build. I also don't get the feeling they're using anisotropic filtering, which I'm reading is supposed to be one of the XB1's strong suites. Go 4x MSAA and at least 4X anisotropic filtering with The Golf Club and you'll see graphics that look more 'next-gen', although still at the bottom of the next-gen food chain. Once again, you'll have to sacrifice frames per second, but this game is going to lose its potential market if it doesn't dress up its appearance!
This didn't get addressed in the official reply to my question in the HBS forum, but it was said that the graphics improvements would be "incremental". A jump to 4x msaa might be too much of a leap for one update... maybe 2x msaa then? The XB1 version really needs some help with its graphics though. Try playing Ross Hollow GC, which is one of the official courses that you can play offline. Even offline, it's a chop-fest!?
Advertisements - Register to remove