Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
kpkpkp
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 25 - Draft Classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
In Madden NFL 25 on PS4 / XBOX One (last year's game), draft classes were hand-made by EA and the order in which they appeared was random on a per-CFM file basis.

In Madden NFL 15 on PS4 / XBOX One (this year's game), all players in a draft class are randomly generated. There are no more pre-made players. Your draft classes will be entirely unique to your CFM and no one else's.
This exactly.

I'm a little concerned about how well done this 100% generated draft class thing will be programmed....

The last 2 versions of Madden had pre made draft classes, names, ratings, everything was pre made and only the order was random as CM Hooe said.

But some of you might remember before the last 2 versions of Madden when names were generated randomly and assigned to pre made draft classes, while UDFA's were entirely generated. Many UDFA's had ABSURD body features (do you remember OL linemen having "boobs" due to thin waste size being generated with a wide chest size?) Also a lot of the generated names were silly, or top tier picks were generated as coming from a lower division school.

My point here is that the number/nature of anomalies in each generated class was comical. And it seemed like EA went away from auto generation because they couldn't seem to get it right. So I'm just worried now that they're going back to having them be generated.

What worries me more is in his webcast Looman mentioned the new auto generated classes and said he was "going to fine tune it" as he goes forward and that certain "stars" were "peppered in" to keep drafts with boom or bust players.

The fact that he said that to me translates as "it's not completely generated since we peppered in some star players, and we're not finished with it since we will be tuning it over time"

I'm not too excited about this auto generated stuff. I don't want my OL rookies to have boobs. (or maybe I do)