View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #252
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Here are my impressions so far
-I played a couple of play now games, an online ranked match, a user v cpu cfm game, and a user v user cfm game. I also messed with sliders some. I used AM for every game except the rank online game.

The Good:
-It's fun
-They toned down the amount of int's thrown by the user and cpu to a more realistic level
-cpu coverage is improved for sure. There were much tighter windows to pass in.
-Cpu pass rush is good. I felt a realistic pressure most pass plays.
-I had a tough time running against the CPU
-The cpu run game was really good. almost too good.
-Kicking and punting is more challenging.
-For the user the new passing accuracy tuning was good. I like that it's not 100% accurate or 10 feet off.
-everything felt smooth. It's not as clunky as Madden 25.
-I like the presentation. It's not too long so I won't just click though it. Most things did a pretty good job of helping with immersion
-The wind direction is fixed!
-crowd's sound great.
-sliders seemed to work. penalty sliders didn't seem to impact gameplay as I changed them. I haven't test all the sliders but, the ones I changed impacted the game correctly.
-I thought CPU playcalling was the best it's ever been.
-I love the ability to change camera angles during the game.
-I like the new tackling of using the A button to wrap up.
-I still am getting used the the new pass rush buttons but, it felt good by my last couple of games.

The Bad
-Obviously there are still legacy issues but, they admitted what was fixed and what wasn't so there is no point in talking about things that they said wasn't fixed yet.

-I don't like the new play call interface. It works good for calling suggestions. I even like the extra info when using that play call method. For calling plays the traditional way, by using call by formation, it's much worse than Madden 25 IMO. It's just harder to find the play you want. I also had to change the button order to traditional because I kept calling the wrong play based on the order of the button press. It's not the worst thing in the world though. I have adjusted to new play calling screens before. this will be no different.

-The accuracy adjustment did not work the same for the CPU qb. They are as robo accurate as ever on default sliders. I'm sure it's because of the boost that AM and AP give the CPU but, still it's crazy that they left is so unrealistic. I think they think if it's a challenge then that's a good thing. I think most want a realistic challenge. I didn't have time to test anything other than AM so maybe other difficulties are better with this.

-Although sliders work they still aren't as sensitive as I would like. puting accuracy at 5 made a difference for sure. puting cpu pass block at 5 was a noticeable difference too. I just wish it made more of a difference. If they would just give us complete slider control we could really make a game shine.

Overall: I really like this game so far. It seems like a solid football game. Is it a total simulation? No. I knew it wouldn't be. I do feel they are going more in that direction.

It's still going to be Madden. If you don't like Madden you won't feel any different this time. If you like Madden then this might be one of the best versions. For guys wanting Madden to be another football game I think you will never get what you want.

With the right slider tweaks and playing the game in a realistic manner this will be a solid game IMO.