View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #267
Sausage
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat
My impressions from a few games online:

1) Hot routes are frustratingly slow to set up - Not sure if it's server-side delay or what, but if I go to fast calling hot routes, I end up accidentally audibling to another play. A lot of times I had barely enough time to call an out and then set it to a smart route.

2) No defensive audible for QB contain? - This could be a disaster against people who spam glitchy option plays. There are a few QB contain plays in the playbook I've been messing with, but they're dollar or quarter cover 3/4 zone plays.

3) The playcalling screen is an atrocity - I hate not being able to see the list of sets as I'm scrolling through a formation. I'm sure I'll get in time, but the whole navigation of playcalling is needlessly complicated and clunky.

4) MUT, however, is way, way better organized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
I haven't read the impressions on here. But I'm about to give mine.

I played an online game. I like how EA has tried to at least make changes. But the play calling menu on the side is kind of annoying. I highly doubt anyone complained about the play calling menu from madden 25 so why change it just to say you changed something?

Also, it seems as though the super linebackers are back this year. I didn't think it was a problem last year. Example, Nico Johnson was covering Gronkowski and what seemed like an open Gronk turned into an unbelievable interception by Nico. He made a play that I don't think any corner could have done in real life. Also, the reaction time by the secondary seems to be overpowered. Again, I didn't think it was a huge problem last year, but Marcus Cooper was man to man with his receiver and then all of a sudden he decides to come off of him without ever looking at Tom Brady and picks off the pass. Unreal.

The players still seem to glide around the field as if it were an ice rink.

Also, hot routing is a pain. Once you do one it lags for some reason. On M25 you could hot route pretty quick without ever waiting.

The game is decent
Hot routes have adjusted to be more realistic. No QB could hot route 2-5 receivers that quickly. Now the QB has to verbally complete each hot route.

So for everyone concerned about that, hot routes have been adjusted to be more realistic.