View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #403
warren123
Rookie

warren123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Impressions (Impressions Only!)

Picked up the game yesterday, my initial thoughts.

Presentation: Overall very good. The game looks good, the menus aren't clunky and everything seems a little bit easier to navigate through. MUT menus are much easier to go through as well.

Con: Playcall screen is horrendous. They want to cut out wasted time by not having the coin toss yet moving through a playbook is painful. You skip over formations and plays if you go too quick, there's so much up on the screen it's just very annoying to deal with. Would like an option to use the ones we've been using for ever.

Graphics: Very good, no problems with how everything looks. I'm one that's more for gameplay than how the grass looks though.

Gameplay: So far it's the usual adjustment period. Certain routes/runs work better/worse than last year so it's dissecting what works against what. Would like to see a little more time to set up things on defense than the offense being able to sprint to the line. We have a lot more things to do on offense and defense with adjustments. Haven't gotten a chance to test the db coverage shading and see how well it really works. In due time it will all become second nature setting things up.

Not much on specifics but I'm having fun. Gauntlet mode is a nice change of pace as well.