View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #22
TMJOHNS18
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

I still prefer the old progression over the xp based system, but seeing that position drills are now present it does help me appreciate the xp more.

My major detractor of the xp system has been how easy it is to take guys who are gifted in 1 or 2 areas and be able to make them an all-around above average player with the xp system. There seems to always be this low 70s to 60 rated players in the FA pool who have really strong ratings in some areas and terrible in others. Problem has always been though you can get this guys and bump up their bad ratings into the lower 80s and cost near nothing per point.

Sure it would take a couple years but chances are you end up with a stud that no CPU would ever take. Many safeties come to mind in Madden 25 that you could pick up and after a year starting would go from 70ish to lower 80s overall, and even be nearing 90 by their 2nd or 3rd full year.

Hopefully this is mostly fixed in M15, as it kinda looks like the point cost does increase more. What I would really like to see is the xp system be taken out for CPU players and use the new training options in conjunction with the previous progression system. This doesn't mean scrap the XP system, just keep it for CFM Player, Coach, GM players.

What I would like to see is the potential system back and combine it with the position training mini games and actual games. Just to make it simply, make playing time effect the players progression. Easy example is awareness. More playing time a player gets the more awareness points they gain. Better potential? Then they get a boost on that. Doesn't mean they can reach 99 ovr if you just play them early, but make their pre-determined potential range be faster reached the more they play.

Say you have a C and A rated players both who start with 65 awareness. If you start both from day 1 maybe the A reaches his potential by the end of his rookie contract, while the C may take 5-6 years to reach, along with increasing his other ratings. Using position training drills could help accelerate the C player into reaching his full potential sooner and also would let teams have good players who aren't all A or B potential players. The counter to just upping C or lower potential players is that they do require more training of field time to reach the potentials of the A or B players, so by starting them you are at a disadvantage because how longer it'll take for them to become as adequate as their A and B counterparts.