View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
JHeyBraves
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What are the Known CFM issues?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the game. These findings belong to other OS users. I have only read about them. The only mode I play if CFM.

This is a great place to start - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-included.html
CWSapp and everyone in this thread have provided great insight.

Here is a summary of some issues:

Rosters
- Significant roster changes and the CPU doesn’t retain their franchise players (Ex. Luck on Jags in YR3, after 5 years the Panthers didn’t have Newton/Keuchly/Star, Julio Jones on the Bengals)
- Several starters (Ex. Rivers/Roethlisberger) were 3rd stringers on other teams after two years
- During free agency you cannot see the most recent season stats during negotiations (not sure if there is anywhere you can see them)
- I find the draft logic to be questionable (Ex. Ravens, Cowboys, Dolphins all drafted QB’s in Round 1 of draft)

I know that we have no idea what GM's will do in the future and big names do change teams every year, but I don't want to see everyone moving.

Stats
- QB stats are out of whack although there has been some progress made to find a workaround in here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-stats-44.html
- RB carries are too high (Ex. Ray Rice had over 400)
- Production rating is confusing to me (Ex. Alfred Morris ran for 1600+ yards. His production rating? 45. What?)

Progression/Regression
- 21 players rated 99 OVR after 2015 season
- XP is way too cheap for elite ratings (90+). This allows you to progress ratings up to 99 much easier than M25. (Ex. Someone drafted a RB with 88 spd/93 acc/90 agi/65 str. After two season, he had 99/99/99/99 in spd/acc/agi/str)
- Good QB’s regressing after YR1 (Ex. Brees, Brady, Newton, Rivers in the sim I saw)
- Several capable starters regressed so drastically that they were 3rd stringers or unsigned FA’s after a few years (Ex. Rivers/Roethlisberger, Ryan was a 61 in free agency after YR3)

Some of the QB's mentioned in the regression section may very well regress soon but I don't see it being that significant.

It looks like 32 team control will be a must to enjoy a sim franchise in M15 unless they patch it.