Old 08-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #456
crenk
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I would assume it can affect how the AI builds its teams, since it changes one of the components it will look for for team fit. Mostly during the offseason free agency step when team scheme fit is one of the specific components a player evaluates when sorting offers. Changing the team scheme won't affect a player's scheme-specific OVR rating, however, which (I'm guessing) is probably more important in how the AI determines the value of players already on its roster, and thus team needs / free agency targets / draft targets.

Changing a team's scheme will most likely affect how much XP the AI players gain for their goals by some amount, as all players receive a small bonus to their weekly goal XP reward if their scheme matches the team's scheme. It may apply a bonus to XP rewarded for season goals as well, I'm not 100% sure. If I recall correctly, the tasks assigned for player weekly and season goals are determined by player style (ex. One-Cut RB / Receiving RB / etc.), not team style (ex. Vertical Offense / Power Run / etc.); assuming that's correct, nothing to worry about in that area specifically.

In any event, one could revert the coach schemes back to their original values right before the offseason starts to ensure that the roster management AI isn't affected during the time period when there are the most roster changes.

Bottom line - there are consequences, I don't think they will be too severe but I could be wrong. There is definitely non-zero impact.
Yes an EA fix would likely still be ideal, but if this gets run a few more times and bears out without too much other impact a lot of CFM guys could live with it I think.

Im back on the fence which is a better place to be than in the no buy column.