View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #36
catholictiger
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangarrang
I purchased today and have played three games in career mode as owner.

Madden 15 is certainly very similar to Madden 25, but I will say it is slightly better. Like others have said, it's difficult to put a finger on why it seems better. Game play seems a little smoother and I'm not finding myself shaking my head as often as previous years thinking "what the hell just happened, that's crazy."

I haven't had a receiver run immediately out of bounds, continuing his original route after catching the ball (yet).

Graphics are slightly better but it's barely noticeable, if at all.

Announcing is the same quality as last year, no better and no worse. They might say a few new things but it's basically the same.

Each year, there are normally a couple of things that happen in gameplay that leave me wondering if EA played it at all prior to releasing. This year, it's only a one thing so far, and that's CPU accuracy. Playing as the Panthers, I got shredded by Mike Glennon in the first game vs the Bucs. I think he had three incompletions all game. The second game vs Matt Stafford went better and he was around 60% or so. The third game, just played, was against the Steelers and Bruce Gradkowski was filling in for an injured Roethlisberger. Despite being under pressure all game (he was sacked six times) he only had four incompletions, one of which was an interception. The third game vs Gradkowski was played with an adjusted slider of CPU QB Accuracy set at 35.

Besides that, I think it's a good game. Slightly better than last year, but not a huge difference.

I don't regret buying it since this will likely be the last console game I buy because I have no interest in buying a PS4/XB1 and it's a slight improvement of last year.
The first game I played was like 45-35 or something like that. I mistakenly did it on pro but still their QB started 15-15 or something like that. Matt Ryan is good but not that good.

once I adjusted sliders and skills it was more realistic. I'm still tweaking them. But it felt more realistic and a more realistic game. I had the game go on to long but other than that it has been good. Last year didn't have all of these sliders, I miss the differing skills for offense and defense but sliders can cover that.