Old 08-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #21
SpectreBugg
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay

[quote=Here's my thought about this....

Quote:

I don't buy into the penalties affecting gameplay this year.

In the past? sure and the same went for NCAA 14 as well,but the way I have my penalties set up,if it DID affect gameplay,then I would surely notice.

As an example,I'll use holding....now obviously in the past,the higher this was set,the easier the user running game was,I currently have my holding slider in the high 90's....and guess what? my line doesn't hold the block any better than it did at default.

Now lets look at OPI and DPI...again,with past Maddens and NCAA 14...the lower these were set,you would see more aggressive play from the WR's and DB's....I currently have mine set @99....the DB's are still aggressive,and my WR's still fight for the ball.

That's only 2 examples...oh yea and before I forget...IG has no affect on the cpu taking so many sacks either.(imo)[/QUOTE]

I am inclined to agree with this. Penalties are one of the first things I always work on, and have been the focus of most of my adjustments so far. I have yet to notice them genuinely effecting anything other than penalties, and to be honest, even that's hard to understand. What I have seen, is a lot of randomness when it comes to penalties, and gameplay alike. Which, may not be a bad thing. For instance, setting the facemask slider to 58, I had 4 facemask calls. Then at 57 I had 2 facemask calls the first game, but 6 the second game. Moved it down to 56 and I get 5 calls. It's a small test, but shows clear inconsistency. Also, as an example for the holding slider. My holding slider has been set to 95 since i started playing. 9 games in, and I have yet to rush for more than 50 yards with Adrian Peterson, on All pro. Now, I am not the best player or anything, but I almost never finish a game under 50 rushing yards, even on all madden. Same thing with the OPI slider. It's been set to 99 since I started, and I have seen plenty of sideline catches in my games.

What I really think, is that the gameplay is genuinely different this year. the AI is genuinely different this year, and because of that, we have to be careful not to assume what we have learned in the past will help. IF penalty slider effect gameplay this year, we won't be able to rely on previous data to understand how.
Advertisements - Register to remove