View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #63
Veditor
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit Storm
Just have to add, CFM is garbage. Unplayable in my opinion.

I've never been a big fan of the salary cap system. Word is EA managed to tweak it properly a few years back, but I've never bothered. I've always toggled it off.

I enjoy building struggling franchises. This year, I opted to take the Bills. I turned the salary cap off as usual, proceeded through my preseason, even selecting a new stadium for the following season. Unknown to me, but there is a glaring flaw with the salary cap option this year: it really isn't off. In years past, toggling salary cap off essentially meant unlimited funds. Not this year. By building a new stadium, by season's end I found that I will be forced to cut nearly 2/3 of my starters.. including Dareus, Hughes, Spikes, Finley (signed from FA), etc. The game is forcing me to have positive funds.

Essentially, in typical EA fashion, they made an enormous alteration to a game feature with nary an explanation. Considering the price of stadiums, if you intend to rebuild any franchise, you'll be quickly abandoning CFM.

Considering CFM was "it" for me in Madden, I'll be cashing in on the GameStop $40 trade-in voucher. What a waste of time.

The Salary cap is off, BUT to sign certain players you need to give them bonuses and that comes from your revenue, if you don't make money you can't give bonuses which means some players no matter how much you pay them won't sign with you without a bonus. You can put bonus at zero and max out the salary and see if they sign then. Bonuses as far as I can tell never played a strong part in madden until 13 when the whole connected career mode was implemented, where bonuses came directly from your revenue, I think it always did though. I may be mistaken but connected franchise ways more heavily on you giving bonuses than any previous franchise mode.