View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #91
Orbit Storm
Rookie

Orbit Storm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veditor
The Salary cap is off, BUT to sign certain players you need to give them bonuses and that comes from your revenue, if you don't make money you can't give bonuses which means some players no matter how much you pay them won't sign with you without a bonus. You can put bonus at zero and max out the salary and see if they sign then. Bonuses as far as I can tell never played a strong part in madden until 13 when the whole connected career mode was implemented, where bonuses came directly from your revenue, I think it always did though. I may be mistaken but connected franchise ways more heavily on you giving bonuses than any previous franchise mode.
If you have a copy of Madden 25, customize the rosters before launching into CFM and release a few high profile players into the FA pool. Once you've done that, start a new CFM and try signing those players (with Salary Cap disabled). I guarantee that you will be able to sign them, regardless of signing bonus (even if it places your funds in the negative). Now try the same process in Madden 15; it won't work.

Sure, signing bonuses being deducted from your overall revenue is "realistic", but disabling the salary cap isn't realistic, so why is this rule still imposed on those who disable the salary cap? The whole premise of disabling the salary cap is having unlimited funds. There is no possibility of doing a fantasy draft or rebuilding a franchise that desperately needs a new stadium without having to watch your starters leave in mass exodus at the start of the second season, in Madden 15. This is a game-breaking flaw. EA has never really managed to get the salary cap feature tuned correctly, mostly because contracts aren't as one-dimensional as an overall value and a signing bonus. There are incentives, clauses, etc that help protect teams from reaching beyond their cap. They removed the option for back-ended contracts in Madden 25 and that was really the final nail in the coffin for a salary cap enabled CFM.

Last edited by Orbit Storm; 08-31-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove