Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I think speed has an enormous impact on gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
CPU QB AI is an issue on every level and the root of many problems with the CPU offense. It's why they don't target the top receivers, take too many sacks, rarely throw the ball down field, and regularly throw underneath routes on 3rd and long.
It's because people always want to lower CPU QB Accuracy right out of the gate to get more missed throws. QBA is not just accuracy, but also impacts the kinds of throws they attempt, their pocket awareness, WRs willingness to go up in the air for passes, and even playcalling to a degree). We have seen this with other EA games too; this one isn't much different.

I am playing with CPU QBA at 39 in my slider set (normal speed) and I see better pocket awareness, willingness to go deep, and more varied play calling. With the right pass coverage settings, Completion percentages will stay in-check unless your defense is out-manned. Most slider makers want to automatically drop this to 6 or 8 right away and then wonder why the AI was so crappy....I used to do the same thing.