Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #15
RumbleCard
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by timiville
No the problem is we're taking the Sliders at face definition...

What I've found is the programmers just slapped a name on these sliders. For instance Roughing the Kicker doesn't mean that...it's a slider for "aggressiveness" overall. It's why when you set it higher you see more gang tackles and late hits.

Can't take the sliders literally. For instance I believe Punt Interference is like how much space a defender will give anyone attempting to catch the ball.

I also think we're out thinking ourselves, like when we say higher intentional grounding makes the QB hold the ball because the AI doesn't want the call. Giving the AI too much credit.

I've found IG on a higher setting, does as it should and the QB is in a rush
Well there are issues no doubt. I can't speak for everyone but I've found that Intentional Grounding set at 0 caused the CPU QB to make quicker choices...basically the opposite of what you're finding.

I tested this over a 10 game span CPU vs. CPU and another 10 game span with me playing the CPU...the quicker I could get the to QB the quicker the QB made a decision.

This is why we end up chasing placebo effects and running circles around these sliders. They're so messed up no one can figure it out.

For all I/we know its some other combination of things but when I test sliders at 0/100 I do it with everything else set to 50

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove