View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #148
Gronk4M13
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: schnaidt1's Madden 15 Sliders

I'm trying these out in a CFM game with my Ravens against the Steelers. My impressions:

It seemed too easy to move the ball; Flacco started 4/4 before firing two red zone incompletions. I kicked a field goal.First play for the Steelers, Ben completes a nice PA pass, didn't get pressured though I was blitzing (which is a good thing due to the # of sacks.) The play went for 11 yards. Le'Veon Bell ran for one yard, then was TFL'ed the next play. A completion was't enough for the firts down so Steelers punt. Flacco fires two more incompletions (Smith can't hang on in traffic, then an inaccurate pass.) A third straight incomplete (out of bounds when Smith was on the sideline) leads to a Ravens punt/three and out.

Ben completes a pass (he's three of three) and then gets sacked by Ngata the next play, first sack of the game for either side. Ben completes a pass for 11 yards but the Steelers needed 12 so they punt. Rice ran for about fifteen yards. Rice runs for a first down on 2nd and short. Pitta catches a pass fr 16 yards. Pitta catches another pass for 19 yards. 1st and goal is an incomplete pass almost intercepted. Third and goal is a 1 yard TD pass to Steve Smith. Ravens up 10-0. Ben throws a deep pass over the head of Antonio Brown. Ben completes a pass for 9 yards to Jermichael Finley. 3rd and 1-John Conner runs for first down. Bell has 3 runs for -4 yards so far.Ben fires an incomplete pass. 3rd and 13-Bell is stopped on a dump off, Steeler punt.

Jacoby Jones catches a first and ten pass for ten yards. Pitta catches a pass for ~13 yards. Jones catches a pass for 12.Jason Worilds sacks Flacco (my fault, I was waiting for someone to get open.)2nd and 20-incomplete pass almost picked off. 3rd and 20- Steve Smith catches a corner route for the first.10-0 Ravens after one quarter.Jones can't hold on in traffic. 3rd and 9-incomplete pass. Flacco is 13/22. Ravens kick a FG. Bell breaks a tackle, runs for 15. Brown catches a pass for a first down. Bell-6 rushes, 17 yards so far. Blount gets TFLed. 3rd and 7-Nate Washington catches a pass for a first down. Washington catches another pass for a 1st after Blount gains one yard. Ben tries to scramble, gets sacked by Brandon Williams. (side note- I like how the Steelers are rotating Bell and Blount.) 3rd and 11-Ben completes a pass to Mike Williams but he's stopped (Ben is 10/12) so the Steelers kick a FG. 13-3 Ravens. Flacco fires two incompletes (an inaccurate pass, then the FB can't hold on in traffic.) 3rd and 10-Flacco intercepted by Nolan Carroll on a curl route. Steelers start on my 20, in scoring range.

Bell runs for 9. Bell then stopped at the line. 3rd and 1-Blount runs for 3. Blount runs for five after Ben is hit/incomplete pass. 3rd and goal from the 2-Bell gets TFLed. Steelers kick FG. Flacco sacked by Worilds (my fault again.) Defender deflects a third down pass (Flacco is 14/27) Ravens punt. Ben throws an incomplete to a diving Danny Amendola. Then Ben finds Amendola for a first down on a PA pass on 2nd and 10. Finley catches a pass for a first down on 1st and 10. Bell runs nine yards for a first down. (good run blocking) Blount runs for 13 on a draw play. Ben scrambles, fumbles, o-lineman recovers. 3rd and 3 from the 6-Ben drops back to pass, breaks two sack attempts (Dumervil and Brandon Williams) and scrambles for TD! (Cool play, felt like real life lol.) Game's tied 13-13.

Rice runs for 4, then gains first down on a dump off pass.Steve Smith catches a pass despite taking a hard hit. 3rd and 3-Flacco fires an incomplete to Rice. Ravens punt. Jimmy Smoth intercepts Ben's pass, returns it to their 30. Jones catches a pass, steps out of bounds before the first down marker. Ravens kick a FG.Ravens squib it. Ben drops back to pass for a hail mary, sacked by Chris Canty. 16-13 Ravens half.

1st half impressions- seemed too easy to move the ball, then Flacco kept firing incomplete passes. Rice isn't finding much room to run. At first, the Steelers weren't having success offensively, but then they drove downfield to tie the game with Ben's cool TD.

Stats from the first half-
Ben Roehtlisbeger-14/19, 127 yards,73% completed, 0 TD, 1 INT.
Flacco- 18/34, 182 yards, 52% completed, 1 TD, 1 INT,

Le'Veon Bell- 12 rushes, 39 yards, 3.2 average. Longest run for 14 yards.
Rice-7 rushes, 32 yards, 4.5 average, longest run 13 yards.
Legarrette Blount- 5 rushes, 21 yards, 4.2 average. Longest run 13 yards.
Bernard Pierce-2 rushes, 15 yards, 7.5 average, longest run 8 yards.
Ben- two rushes, 7 yards, 1 TD.

David Decastro- 2 pancakes, 1 sack allowed.
Rick Wagner- 2 sacks allowed.
Kelvin Beachem and John greco- 1 sack allowed each.

Ben's been sacked 3 times in the first half, Flacco has been sacked twice.

1st play of 2nd half-Ben tries to scramble, gets sacked, gets hurt. In comes Landry Jones.

First pass- Jones finds Brown for 13 yards, first down. Bell runs 8 yards, not enough for first. Jones finds Mike Williams for first down on PA pass, 17 yard gain. Blount runs for 2. Jones finds Blount for 16 yards, first down. Jones evades/breaks sack, Jimmy Smith deflects/nearly intercepts pass. Ben won't be returning, he's out with a bruised sternum. Amendola catches a pass for nine yards. 3rd and 1-Bell runs for 4. Bell then runs for 3.3rd and 3-4 yard pass from Landry Jones to Antonio Brown, Steelers take the lead! Jones had plenty of time in the pocket, no pressure from the d-line (a good thing.)

A clipping penalty on the KR makes us start on the 12. Rice gets TFLed. Steve Smith catches a pass in traffic. 3rd and 3-pass is over Pitta's head, Ravens punt. Bell tackled at line of scrimmage. Bell then gains 3. 3rd and 7-Bell stopped on HB screen, Steelers punt. Torrey Smith catches a pass for 8 yards. 2nd and 2-Rice gains 4 on a run. Jacoby Jones gains 8 on PA pass. 2nd and 2 again-Rice runs for 7. Rice runs for 4. 2nd and 6- Bernard Pierce gains 5. 3rd and inches-Pierce runs for 7. 1st down- Jacoby Jones is wide open on a slant, gains 38. 1st and goal from the 3-3 yard TD run by FB Kyle Juszczyk. His TD celebration was him miming using a jackhammer, lol. Ravens take the 23-20 lead.

Bell runs for 1. 2nd and nine- Jones sacked by Terrell Suggs. 3rd and 14-compeltion to Amendola for 8 yards, Steelers punt. Rice gains 2 on a run. Rice stopped at the line on a run. 3rd and 8-Pitta stopped on a gain of 7. Ravens punt.Bell TFLed on a run. 2nd and 12-five yard completion to Mike Williams. 3rd and 7-completion to Mike Willaims for no gain, Steelers punt. 23-20 Ravens after 3 quarters. Rice runs for 5. Rice gains 1 yard. 3rd and 4- Rice runs for 3, Ravens punt/go 3 and out.

First play of Steelers drive-Jones sacked, fumbled. Ngata recovers, runs with it and stopped by Bell on the 3 yard line. 1st and goal-Rice runs for 2, stopped. 2nd and goal, Rice 1 yd TD run. 30-20 Ravens. Jones hit, incomplete pass. CJ Mosely sacks Jones. 3rd and 18-Darian Stewart sacks Jones, he fumbles, Steelers recover. Steelers punt/go 3 and out. Steve Smith gains 15 on mesh-pass play.Rice gains five on run play.Rice runs for 4.3rd and 1-Pierce runs for 3. Flacco tries to scramble, gets sacked.Smiith catches a pass, stopped before the 1st, Ravens take FG. 33-20 Ravens. Finley catches a pass for five yards. 11 yard catch for Antonio Brown. 11 yard dump off catch and run for Bell. 15 yard catch and run for Finley.Suggs sacks Jones. 2nd and 16-Brandon Williams sacks Jones. 3rd and 28-Bell catch for seven yards. 4th and 21, Steelers go for it:Suggs sacks Jones, turnover on downs.

Rice runs for 3. Rice runs for 2.3rd and 5-13 yard catch and run for Torrey Smith. Rice runs for 10. Rice runs for 9.Ravens kneel out the rest of the clock to win 33-20.

Full game stats-

Flacco-26/43,282 yards,60%,1 TD, 1 INT, longest pass 38 yards.
Ben Roethlisberger- 14/19, 127 yards, 73%, 0 TD, 1 INT.
Landry Jones-14/17, 125 yards, 1 TD,0 INT, 82% complete.

Ray Rice- 28 rushes, 99 yards, 3.5 average, 1 TD.
Le'Veon Bell- 19 rushes, 55 yards, 2.8 average.
Blount- 7 rushes, 27 yards, 3.8 average.
Bernard Pierce-5 rushes, 30 yards, 6 yard average.

Jermichael Finley- 8 catches, 74 yards.
Steve Smith- 7 catches, 76 yards 1 TD.
Jacoby Jones- 6 catches, 82 yards.

Flacco sacked 3 times, Steelers QB sacked 8 times...

I liked these sliders. Sacks are a problem but that's the game's fault. This game was rather competitive until the fourth. I might stick with these and tweak them.

Yankees: #AllRise