View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
tdogg097
Pro

OVR: 1
Penalty Explanation Theory

As the title states this is simply a theory and it's nothing revolutionary as people have had similar threads in past versions of madden. I have done a lot of testing and I have come to the conclusion that penalties don't necessarily effect player attributes like sliders but instead how players approach plays. If you remember past versions of NCAA you could increase aggressiveness at the risk of penalties, i.e. "Hold Block" would result in bigger running lanes with the risk of more holding/clipping calls. Changing penalty sliders seems to have the same effect without the risk of penalties. With that said here are my observations of penalty sliders.

Offside: Increases/decreases the aggressiveness of the defensive line. At 0, d-lineman are more conservative and generate less pass rush.

False Start: Increases/decreases the aggressiveness of the offensive line. At 100, o-lineman fire off the line quicker to their blocks.

Holding: Similar to the "Hold Block" feature in NCAA. At 100, o-lineman will hold their blocks longer. This seems to be more profound in the passing game.

Facemask: Sadly, this is the only slider that actually works for CPU and Hum. However, this slider also impacts players tackle aggression. At 100, you will definitely see a ton of facemask penalties but also a lot of big hits.

Defensive PI: Increases/decreases DB aggression. At 100, pass coverage is more high risk/high reward.

Offensive PI: Increases/decreases WR aggression. At 100, wr's will lay out for the ball more with the added risk of not being as technically precise. I.e. not getting both feet down in bounds.

KR/PR Int: Increases/decreases special teams aggressiveness. Lower the slider and you will see increases returning.

Clipping: Similar to holding with one noticeable difference. Holding seems to impact pass blocking and clipping seems to have a greater impact on run blocking.

Intentional Grounding: Impacts the qb's release. Increase slider and qb will hold on to the ball longer.

Roughing the Passer: Impacts the pursuit of the qb. At 100, the defense with have greater pursuit to the qb.

Roughing the Kicker: This slider is really unique as it impacts the defenses pursuit. At 0, you will see almost all solo tackles and at 100 you will see a team pursuit effort. At 100, 90% of the time there will 2-3 guys around the ball carrier.

Using this info I've been able to achieve solid gameplay with nearly default All-Madden sliders. The only sliders I have touched besides penalties are QBA (5), Kickoff Power (55), Speed Threshold (0), and fatigue (60).

Here are the penalties I'm currently using.
Offsides: 5
False Start: 95
Holding: 95
Facemask: 65 (-30)
DPI: 95
OPI: 5
KR Int: 5
Clipping: 5
Int Grounding: 0 (-5)
RTP: 5
RTK: 5

With these settings I'm seeing a lot of stuff you see on Sunday. A lot of 2-3yd running plays with an occasional big run. Variety in the passing game with elite pass d's shutting down sub-par passing games and vice versa.

Last edited by tdogg097; 09-07-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove