View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #700
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Sometimes I think an important thing get's lost in translation this year with Madden 15.

Game planning, calling the right plays, making the right adjustments, using the right defender with user control for said play etc etc etc. Confidence and game prep are also huge. I worked on Brent Grimes confidence leading into this game and the first play from scrimmage he takes a INT all the way to the house for a quick 7-0 lead. FANTASTIC!!!!

One thing I am paying very close attention to is the wonderful new play calling interface with have at our disposal. It literally tracks every single play you call for the season and the avg yards for or against it has produced.

I could not run the ball a lick today vs KC. And I tried outside, inside, power, slash, toss etc. They were just shutting me down. So I took what I could get in the passing game and fortunately I called a great defensive game plan today. Otherwise I would have been stomped by a better offensive team. Mind you Jamal Charles was out and in the end I feel that was the difference.

I am telling you this is the most organic Madden game ever made. And IMO best overall console football game ever made. Each game takes on a life of it's own. I don't see patterns or trends for the most part. Games are unfolding in a highly realistic manner. You must exploit weaknesses to win. You must call a good diversified play book. Another huge tip and suggestion I will share is...play defense in the defensive cam perspective. It is amazing. It really makes you earn it on defense. Whether that is snuffing out a running play, rushing the passer, playing LB and staying home in your zone or being a head hunting FS....it truly has changed the way I am playing Madden (I play NCAA 14 this way).

I think EA Tiburon has finally given us a Madden game that we can play all year and maybe even beyond if no improvement comes on 16 or if they go back to the tourney online ball garbage that sidetracked the vision started on 10.

This Madden reminds me of Madden 10 in the way the player weight is truly making the difference between players. For the very first time ever in a console football game I can really tell the difference between elite players, average players, lousy players. I can tell the difference between a speedster at RB or WR vs a power back or physical WR.

Elite players are truly elite now.

With a good patch this game is going to go down as the GOAT in video game football.

It's that good.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-04-2014 at 12:47 PM.