View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Trackball
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
The Legit Virtual Currency Pledge

Given all the news recently regarding the near-complete removal of VC requirements from MyGM for 2K15, as well as making VC utterly unnecessary for the awesome-looking MyLeague mode, I want to put this here for everyone to see, because if 2K holds true to this, I'm going to be a man of my word.

Having to use VC for even the smallest things (like changing a lineup), as well as cutting in-game VC rewards by at least 30% with 2K14, resulted in a lot of fellow OSers resorting to farming and exploits to squeeze the most VC out of the game. (No, the iPhone thing isn't an exploit to me.) I can't say I blame you guys, gals and others for doing so--2K made it so inconvenient to have to use it everywhere.

However, three recent announcements have come to near-universal praise regarding 2K15: MyLeague mode never requiring VC, and MyGM mode drastically reducing its needs. (As of this writing, there was still no news on MyCareer yet. That remains to be seen--but I felt this topic was worthy of posting anyway.)

And, lest we forget, the hiring of revered OSers bedwardsroy19 (Mike Stauffer) and Da_Czar, among others. When was the last time EA hired one of us?

Thus, I put this here, for all to see. If everything 2K is promising holds true to the letter and spirit of their promises (that is, no game-breaking bugs or the like which would hinder acquiring VC through legit, non-cheese ways, and the toning back of VC requirements in the above modes), then I say, with all honesty and honor:

I, the Operation Sports user known as Trackball, hereby pledge to never use farming or exploits to acquire Virtual Currency in the PlayStation 4/Xbox One version of NBA 2K15. All Virtual Currency will be acquired as the designers intended: either through honest gameplay, or purchasing with real money (should one so desire).

I realize that buying VC with real money is kind of frowned upon here. However, I personally don't see anything wrong with it if you have the funds to spare, and would really like that accessory right dang now. Doing it for MyTeam...that's another story. Buying your team with real money is the dishonorable method, in my eyes. "Built vs. Bought," as that Spurs billboard said during the 2014 Finals (no offense to genuine Heat fans who actually stick with their team even in the bad times).

Anyway, if you wish to sign this pledge to only play the game legit and not farm VC, feel free to copy-paste the bolded paragraph above, placing your username where appropriate, and post it below. Don't bold your pledge, though--I only did that so it would stand out more from the rest of my words. I don't want this thread being nothing but bolded words. That's just ugly.

Oh, and please DON'T put your REAL name. You'd think that would go without saying, but I had to be sure I wasn't violating the Terms of Service here.
Advertisements - Register to remove