View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #42
Shon 23
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Haven't played a single game on Normal speed yet as I've only used A&S slider set. I'm happy with what his set has provided given the mistakes EA has made in the game, I did use the QB Edits with his set also but would like to get used to a CFM without them, so I can go deep into my coaching franchise. Sacks aside, the only complaint I had was the QB never going deep. Their aggression seemed to be toned way down, granted this is against the Chiefs coverage, which I believe to be very subpar in skills. Often, I looked at replays where the completion was made to a TE 4 yards deep in the middle of the field to see if there were any other options available and most of the time, yes there were. Sometimes they werent the safest options, often times they were.

Are you noticing anything different with your set? I'm about to skip the preseason fiasco in my new CFm (I hate the preseason because the teams dont sub in/out like real life. I try to evaluate my backups and pull my starters after a series and the CPU doesnt). I'll find out for myself but I figured I would ask to see what others noticed or how the fixed the problem.
Hey JRT, I understand where you're coming from and some of the issues you mention.

Here is a post I posted in Armor & Sword's thread just a while ago after playing a game Packers vs. Rams. I'm about to play another with the same teams, but you can read over this and maybe have an idea of how things shake out with these sliders. It'll explain some other things as well.

Here: I've finally got some more games in today playing with my tweaks, and the sacks are still there, without the QB edits at least, there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of the QB holding on to that damned ball too long. I just had a game with 6 sacks on Rodgers. 3 of them coming from me user-controlling RDE Robert Quinn. Quinn is one of the best and up and coming pass-rushing DEs in the game right now, but 3 sacks for me and another 3 for the CPU, I didn't like. Although, Quinn did have 3 sacks in two games last year, against the Cardinals on Palmer and the Seahawks on Wilson (believe it or not).

Another thing I am positive of, the QB will play the game that is working for him the best. If underneath routes are picking up yardage, it seems they will keep hitting it underneath. If the running game is working spectacularly, then they will keep running it on you, with some passes mixed in on certain downs and distances. In the passing game, at least if the intermediate routes are working, I do notice they will hit on that more often than the underneath stuff. I just had Rodgers do that after starting his way with underneath routes, then getting Nelson and Cobb in on intermediate routes as the game progressed. He then started completing longer passing plays (the Rams secondary isn't great mind you).

In the game I just played though, unfortunately the Ram's defensive line (considered by many to be the best), couldn't stop Lacy well enough, and Lacy ended up with about 147 yards on 25 or so carries. He busted one big run on me after a broken tackle. I also saw Starks get subbed in on several occasions when they started handing the ball off repeatedly to Lacy, and no disappearing of players on 15 min qtrs either so that's good. I can get the 120 plays or so I seek. Auto-subs working fine.

Also, the tackle slider at 25 is perfect, in my opinion. I love seeing more animations play out and they look fluid even on normal speed. The backs you expect to break tackles break them, but it's not out of control with receivers breaking tackles all the time. I notice it affecting power backs more. Try to play against Frank Gore or Marshawn Lynch and you notice it more. Other backs, you don't see it as often actually. Zac Stacy for the Rams is a stout back in his 2nd year and was known last year to break tackles, and I actually get some with him, but nothing that makes it overpowered. Eddie Lacy, as he should had more broken tackles (we didn't see that last night though did we lol).

So moving on then, Rodgers started handing the ball off more when Lacy got hot running the ball. They pulled ahead, but I was down by about 10 pts, and late in the third they dropped the run for more passes, which was surprising. Rodgers only took one deep shot down the field (disappointing) which turned out to be incomplete. He was 24 of 31 for 219 yards and 2 passing TDs. I would have liked to have seen more passing yards for Rodgers, but with the running game they had, and the way the CPU plays to use what's working, I can see why there wasn't more. One thing I did like seeing was Rodgers tucking and running on 2 plays when he saw a huge gap open up. He gained about 6 on one play, and about 9 and a slide on another. Rodgers does do this in real life.

I had about 88 yards rushing on them with 22 or so carries with Stacy. Shaun Hill did okay with about a 57.7% completion (20 of 35) in the passing game and 2 TDs, 245 yards, and 1 legit INT by Tramon Williams. Also took one sack by Clay Matthews, but I definitely used my O-line adjustments often. I expect a game like that from Shaun Hill though, I rather see Rodgers pass for more yardage, but like I'll keep mentioning, the running game was working too well for them and the CPU definitely takes the path of least resistance it seems.

They were actually up 27-13 on me at one point, but I came back with some big plays to the speedy Tavon Austin and some successful playaction fakes after getting Stacy running the ball more early in the 3rd qtr. I lost 27-24, but I was hoping for a bit more points scored and passing yards by Rodgers, but then again, that running game worked for them, which I should have been able to stop with the Ram's front 7 and elite D-line. The Rams aren't a bad team, despite Sam Bradford going down again, but their QB situation is definitely not ideal. If you know your NFL football then you should know they have one of the best D's in the NFL. Front 7 specifically, and the D-line is more than likely agreed by many to be the best.

So, I'm not too concerned with such a close game in the end. A good D will keep the game close.. and as we actually saw last night, the Packers D isn't elite, they have no tightend, and they have two okay WRs in Cobb (pretty dang good) and Nelson. So, I don't think they are the juggernaut many figured them to be anyhow. Of course Rodgers is a QB that is capable of easily putting up 300+ yard games, so I want to see that from him in-game and more deep throws.

I do like to play the same teams over a few times and see how each game can play out differently. I have no doubts that I can stop their run and Rodgers can get up into the 300 range for passing yards against the Ram's secondary. So, I'll do more of that testing. The sacks, well, you may see less one game, then way too many the next. So, like Armor said, hopefully they can fix the problem with the sacks in a massive bug-fixing patch, that I do expect to drop eventually.

I also like the WR catching at 90, because I just can't stand the "invisible wall" drops. At least now when I see a drop by a WR or an INT drop (that is at 35), it's usually hitting their arm or their hands. 0 threshold is still the way to go. I also had the Packers making good plays on the ball from time to time with swats, which was nice to see.

I will be sure to play more games against QBs like Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Phillips, because one thing I want to see is more passing yards from the elite passers.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-05-2014 at 03:30 PM.