View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 01:24 AM   #822
bwiggy33
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

I just started a very random Tampa Bay franchise. My plan is to start a Vikes franchise but I'm trying to figure out how to make sure the rosters don't get screwed up due to cuts during the preseason before I do so. I want the rosters as close as possible. For a test CFM I don't really care. Anyway I simmed the preseason and played game number one against the Panthers.

What a game this was though. It was easily the best game of Madden I've played in a very long time. The tackling animations, catches, WR/DB interaction (saw some really good looking plays in this department), and inaccuracy of the QB's. The past few years I normally play 5 games total and quit. This year with NHL looking so lackluster, I can see myself playing this and FIFA for a while. Anyway I had a horrid start in this game. Of my first 5 passes, I threw 3 picks with McCown (no joke). Plus there were many other passes that could have been picks. I just couldn't get anything going passing wise until the 3rd quarter. My WR's were all blanketed. It also doesn't help I forgot to turn Injuries off when simming the preseason so of course Vincent Jackson is out 6 weeks so he wasn't available to use.

I was down 14 barely halfway through the first quarter. Both of their TD drives in the first quarter were started off INT's by me. After that Newton sucked it up, and boy do I mean sucked it up. Even some of the passes he was completing were missing bad. It was very awesome to finally see a QB do that because I hadn't yet. I'm trying to decide if he played that bad or if I just played that good of defense. It is easily the best defensive performance I've had yet with this game. The picks saved me big time in the game though. I had two picks in the Red Zone. One of them should have been returned to the house but I stepped out accidentally on the 1 yard line trying to make sure I wasn't going to get tackled from behind. Dashon Goldson was an absolute beast for me. He had 2 picks and 10 tackles. His biggest INT was when I was down 7 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th. He returned it to midfield and on the first play of the drive I broke my first long run in Madden 15. It was a 51 yarder by Martin to tie the game up. I eventually won the game on a last second FG.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-06-2014 at 01:29 AM.