View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #293
Skyhook71
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

I'm totally new to Hockey this year (Real or Virtual) and I was going to get this game on Tuesday like everyone else. However, I've been reading the backlash that EA has been getting for what NHL 15 is turning out to be, and I will have to wait it out and see what and if they will patch in later.

Honestly, even from a armature hockey fan I also felt like the demo seemed very bare-boned with the menus very plain and kind of generic. Maybe because I'm used to the other sports leagues who have games with tons of stuff thrown in to keep gamers busy all year long. BTW, I was appalled by the last gen NHL 14 -15 comparison video.

Then I came here and seen what people were all complaining about, and right away remembered how bare the menu screens were and how hollow the demo felt. Yes, I know it's a demo. But even then there still seems to be a bit of weight to it like the UFC did. I totally side with the fans here who got their game short changed this year for whatever reasons that may be. As much as I love the Madden this year, there are a lot of bugs and glitches that are still peeving me 2 weeks later. (This has to be the buggiest madden to date IMO) I see NHL 15 has some bugs of it's own. I've already seen a madden like glitch in a YT video already, and I'm thinking this might get very interesting to say the least.

Link: ---> http://youtu.be/EFIm8CHqjqE?t=21m48s

Now someone might jump up and say. "Well, it's not fair to get mad because we don't know what the story behind it is..... blazzy blah." That's the problem, we don't know why and how come it's taken up to 3 days before launch of this highly anticipated game of what the deal is. Also as to why fans have to scout out EA's Early Access to inform other paying customers/fans and possible NHL's future hockey fans (me) of your product because we are to be left in the dark.

I'm not bashing EA, I'm calling the cards that I see laid out before me and other fans, and if they or someone doesn't like it. Then hey, they are entitled to their opinion just like I'm entitled to mine.

Now with my first impressions rant out of the way. I do have one question.
I've read that there will be no other leagues in the game this year, yet in the team select mode (demo and full game) there is a button for "Random League" (Y). Are they available but just in exhibition mode?