View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 AM   #337
twelveone
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maseinface
I understand the logistics behind making an annual sports game. I also understand new console development. What I don’t understand is what’s been stated and hinted at in the earlier comments: why couldn’t we get NHL 14 with SLIGHTLY improved visuals and a new presentation? I wouldn’t have been mad with an already great game getting incrementally better. How many casual hockey gamers will EA lose to this ghastly mistake next year? Even if you patch online play, it’s not enough unless you can also patch “live the life” and the OHL games…

Who is opposed to releasing a major update for sports games every two years and having DLC for $30 with updated rosters, stadiums, etc? Then, the updated games wouldn’t have to completely nix incredible modes like “live the life”. It seems as though EA doesn’t do enough research on what the public wants. You’re telling me NOBODY at EA thought this would be a big deal? Really?

rant complete…for now
The major sports leagues would be the ones holding this up, that will never happen with licensed sports games. Obviously, EA isn't very fond of that idea either. In my opinion, I think it would work out great, too great to actually be an idea.