View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #76
Hutton
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, Soon For Other Consoles and PC

Positives:
-The presentation for EPL is fantastic, I love the lineup overlays & the fact that the announcers read through some of the lineups. I scored a late goal with Llanna to go up 2-1 and the place exploded. You could almost feel the Anfield group shaking as I sprinted to the corner flag.
- The grass looks great, I love the field degradation (it's not overdone as I had feared)
- I headed a ball from a bad angle with Lambert that kind of weakly hit the crossbar, the sound it made was great (kind of a weak "thud").
- The CPU defenders on numerous occasions hoofed clearances into the stands, not that overhead kick to a wide open teammate 40 meters upfield, at least that I've seen so far in 2 matches.
- I like the momentum, there feels like there is more weight to the players, and a long ball doesn't bounce as much as in 14.
- The refs so far have been calling many more fouls than 14. They seem to be more willing to call the physical obstruction fouls. Very nice.
- Visually stunning, especially compared to other EA sports games. This looks much better than Madden, the player faces look very good and the Anfield stadium looks wonderful (much better than any stadium in madden15)
- I'll put this in the positive & negative section: not a single offsides called so far in 2 matches. This could be good and bad. I hope EA simply didn't eliminate players from making runs that could force them off.
- And it appears (at least on the default setting for the demo which looks like Semi-Pro) passes to teammates in the CPU box aren't impacted as much with pass error. I was able to hit Llanna in open space around the penalty spot, whereas in 14 that pass would have been 2 yards behind him towards the top of the 18, resulting in an errant pass & loss of possession.
- Receiving the said pass above, took one touch, shot from about 7 meters out, the shot hit a CPU defender on the leg & ricocheted past Hart and into the net for my first goal. And my CPU controlled teammate Gerrard even followed up the ball into net instead of just standing & watching it.

Negatives:
- I still struggle to pull off any skill moves, even more so than 14. I had a hard time doing even the simplest of moves.
- Wasn't able to bash a goal kick much past mid field.
- Graphical text on the lineup screen seems a bit small, could have made the player names a bit larger.
- Human defenders don't do much to help you out. You once again have to control your entire team on defense it appears.

Last edited by Hutton; 09-09-2014 at 10:04 AM.