View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #117
bigeastbumrush
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Again I am all for customization if it didn't feel like it comes at the expense of the best possible simulation game I could get. IMO it feels like a choice between SIM and sliders.

If I buy Madden I shouldn't have to adjust slider to prevent the CPU QB from completing 90% of his passes it just not realistic and shouldn't be that way out of the box. That IMO is an obvious game flaw that shouldn't be there if the goal is to be a simulation of NFL football. Same with basketball. Again if every year a develop team can have the core game play represent SIM basketball and can add slider for those that prefer things different cool. However adjusting sliders should not be the first thing I have to do right after I put the disc into/download the game just to get a decent SIM experience. For me the reason I'm not getting the most SIM experience possible every year and out of the box is that developers see sliders as a short cut packaged as giving players customization.
This isn't some stupid Mascots Game Mode we're talking about. This is something to cater the game to each user if they deem it necessary.

This dev crew/management team hasn't gotten the game right in the past 5 years so skip all the "sim" talk.

If MLB The Show is the benchmark for sports gaming and they have sliders...guess what? The certified worst next gen game released last year should have sliders.

End of story.

If they're going to mask not having sliders by saying how much data they pump into the game from Synergy...well Synergy has zero effect on the flow of a game. Synergy has zero effect on whether the game moves at light speed or crawls like molasses. Synergy has zero effect on teams crashing boards, how frequently a guy gets injured, who gets tired, if there's too many or not enough fouls, etc, etc, etc.

You don't care about sliders...fine. Go ahead and buy the game or plug in your Atari.

But sit this one out man. We get your point already.