View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #120
da ThRONe
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
This isn't some stupid Mascots Game Mode we're talking about. This is something to cater the game to each user if they deem it necessary.

This dev crew/management team hasn't gotten the game right in the past 5 years so skip all the "sim" talk.

If MLB The Show is the benchmark for sports gaming and they have sliders...guess what? The certified worst next gen game released last year should have sliders.

End of story.

If they're going to mask not having sliders by saying how much data they pump into the game from Synergy...well Synergy has zero effect on the flow of a game. Synergy has zero effect on whether the game moves at light speed or crawls like molasses. Synergy has zero effect on teams crashing boards, how frequently a guy gets injured, who gets tired, if there's too many or not enough fouls, etc, etc, etc.

You don't care about sliders...fine. Go ahead and buy the game or plug in your Atari.

But sit this one out man. We get your point already.

Saying you get my point isn't a solid reason for me to stop addressing people who are quoting my comments. It's the same as me saying I get why people want sliders therefore stop complaining why they aren't in.

As far as the show I don't like baseball and don't play the game. My point has never been that you can't have a great SIM with sliders. It's that when it comes to the two sports videogames I do play I haven't experienced one where I thought the games were as polished and gear towards being as SIM as possible and I believe that sliders are the reason why it's that way.

Again I'm not saying Live 14 knocked it out the park with synergy. I'm not saying they'll knock it out of the park this year. What I am saying is in theory synergy over sliders makes much more sense as it relates to making a SIM product. Of course if they fail miserably with implementing synergy and the game is poorly tuned I rather have sliders to correct with is broken to the best of my(or maybe someone else) abilities. This is the gamble Live 15 is taking. If they succeed it's a better representation of SIM IMO, if the fail they'll have to deal with the obvious backlash and it will come from me as much as anybody here. This has been my premise all along. Sliders for a SIM player means the developers has failed at producing a SIM experience.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-09-2014 at 04:31 PM.