View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #74
THESHAMISASHAME
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

As I posted last night in the other thread as there was no Impressions thread up yet ? QB whats up with that ?

I give the gameplay a 10 out of 10 Stars as game play is simple amazing so many little things that are also interactive and just not forced like other sports games ( cough cough MLBTS) .

I dont care what anyone says but if you want or expect a straight cpu sim or something forced like the show go play a cpu based game or strat o matic hockey as those are great sims with no hu interaction other than rolling dice .

There are just so many ways to play this game and yes finding your slider blend isnt easy and EA still doesnt have in game slider saves so keep your pen and paper handy but thankfully I find AlTitos sliders a great base to build upon and once you find your zone get ready for a great game of hockey and by far the BEST EVER !

So once again to those who constantly complain about gameplay you can make this game as easy or as hard as you want and if your gonna analyse each and every little thing or stat trying to paint some unrealistic picture in your head why even play the game ? As its very sim and fun too !

Obviously I can comment on the modes but having a Playoff Mode being added soon is all I play and Im ecstatic and the all new 3 stars are back too !

Visually the game is almost as good as Madden but depending on your TV you might have to tweak it a tad as Im on the PS4 and I had to lighten it up a bit .
I like the foundation EA NHL has laid and hopefully the build upon it but Im disappointed they seemed to cut and paste many things to the ps4 but just with a different overlay which isnt a bad thing thing as gameplay is so good but once again still no in game slider saves and also when you start a GM mode you have to redo all your in game sliders which is just another chore not needed in a 2014 video game ?

The only real bug Ive seen so far is is the breakout strategies overlay that wont leave the bottom of the right corner of the screen unless you manual turn off the Hu strategy adjustment to zero .

The announcing , presentation and arena atmosphere are all pretty solid and the horns sound great to so once again I hope EA NHL builds upon this and just dont leave it be for the next 3 years .

EA made a huge mistake by not disclosing the lack of modes issue with this game and shouldve just came clean a while back and not just after they knew they were in trouble as it comes off as being very deceptive and they could have avoided this major PR mess .

But that being said this game is everything I hoped for and hopefully they can build upon it because its a great game they make with very little man power and a tiny budget .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-09-2014 at 09:35 PM.