View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #170
Shon 23
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Quinn,
Do you think game speed affects threshold at all? Currently on slow, have played normal, but am stuck between which i want to use. I have threshold at 0, as described, yet, Jamaal Charles gets chased down by linebackers. On occasion it's from behind, normally from a slight angle. It's starting to piss me off, I expect him to break one every now and then but the biggest yards I can get from him are 15yd gains on screen passes to be tackled from behind by a LB.
Donald Butler, who has pretty decent speed, chased me down. He took a great angle, but I still think a burner like Charles should take the outside edge a lot better. Then when u checked the replay, there was a lineman in the middle of the field who was running neck to neck with me. Granted I wasn't using my speed burst, but still.
I have read other members complaining it is hard to get back the LOS on slow speed, with your RBs. I also believe though, it can be easier to run on slow, because since everything is moving a tad bit slower, the holes are wide open for you to hit and don't seem to close as quickly. On normal the pace is quicker so you have to be on your toes when finding the holes to hit.

I don't know if it's true that it is harder to get past the LOS as a RB on slow speed, but on normal at 0 threshold (and I'm sorry, but whatever anyone else says, 0 threshold is the way to go), and with a 87 spd, 93 acc RB, I can go off-tackle and get some blocks set up for a gain. Sometimes they can go long, but with Zac Stacy, he really isn't a speedster, more of stout, tackle-breaking running back, so I tend to stick to running up the gut... but on normal speed at 0 threshold I can still get yards. Just takes patience sometimes, and a good block or two. With Tre Mason, it's a little easier to run out wide due to him being a little quicker. That's all I can really say about that, man. Hope you find a setting that works.