View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #3
Sausage
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Something I've noticed people don't do, which makes for unrealistic passing game, is lower the pass defense reaction time and raise the pass coverage to make up for it. The reaction time should be low. for example-

Mine look like this
Player pass defense reaction- 5
Player pass coverage- 84
CPU pass defense reaction- 2
CPU pass coverage- 86

In my opinion, this is like real life, DBs don't make a 50MPH sprint to the path of the ball, they only pick it off if it's thrown in their lane. This slider setting really fixes the DB preforming superman moves to pick off throws thrown through perfectly open windows or even out in front of a defender thats been burned by the wideout. This game also needs a WR awareness slider, because they know to look for the ball, and when they see it coming to them, they should enter "fight for the pass" mode, not just continue to run a route the ball isn't going to make it to without their interference. I suppose you're supposed to switch to the receiver and do it yourself, but what about people using player lock?

Also something I see people doing is setting the QB accuracy low, it shouldn't be, 95 overall QBs shouldn't throw horribly short passes, maybe one or two a game but never more than that, they throw the ball away, a lot of incompletions come from this, I would never set this below 35, it also forces the CPU QB to only attempt throws it knows it can make with the lower slider setting taken into account, so it holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks, and thus can't move the ball. NFL teams give up points, they give up yards, the QB should be able to move the ball in todays NFL. It's important to look at how many passes are knocked away, intercepted, thrown away, AND completed, it's not just comp. % that makes for realistic play.

thoughts on my thoughts?
You got this far, list the rest of your sliders