View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #2
GordoJ
Rookie

GordoJ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Difficulty is dependent on threshold slider

So...I went ahead and tried this. All-Pro, 14 minute qtrs., 55 threshold. I had been using a couple of other slider sets, and while they would give decent results for a game or two, I'd have others that were just horrendous. Specifically, getting a ton of sacks and my running game was just OVERPOWERING. I was beating everybody I played, and I don't think I'm THAT good of a player. Especially as crappy teams.

I decided to give this a shot, and played a Play Now game as the Jags at the 49ers. I wanted to pick one of the weakest teams against one of the most overpowered, to see how the game would respond.

I didn't get a chance to finish the game (work), but the first half went relatively realistically.

49ers: 14
Jags: 7

Without going into too much detail, they managed two BIG runs with Gore for TDs to go up 14-0 early.
I managed to claw my way back into the game right before half after Henne got knocked out with an injury. Bortles went 10 for 13 for 100 yards and we finally punched it in.
But the ground game has been TOUGH. I've been sacked 3 times already, and Gerhart has managed just 44 yards on 14 carries.

YES!!!
I'll try a few more with default sliders and 55, but I'm actually in agreement, it feels pretty good so far.
Kentucky Wildcats
Ohio State Buckeyes