Old 09-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #1215
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It is not the solution if your looking to play a long term franchise. And even when I did the QB edit roster...it was all dink and dunk and absolutely no down field passing.

After this latest tuner and with these sliders the CPU plays a very good game of football.

Yes...sacks are still an issue...and you can do a few things to try and keep that in check.

1. When you user control a DE/DT do not jump the snap - this is a way to nerf your advantage and have to fight harder through the line

2. Play as a LB or DB/S and not be ont he DL all the time.

Even doing that you will see some higher sack totals sometimes. I have learned to live with it till another tuner/patch arrives.

The game plays awesome despite this wart. I don't want EA to nerf defense all together because sacks are too high. I am still losing to the CPU....badly I might say sometimes. LOL.

To each his own but try focusing on all the great things the game is doing this year instead of the one thing it is not.
Minus this issue it plays an excellent game of football. But the AI qb taking drive killing sacks ruins the experience for me.

Making matters difficult for me is that I use the Ravens. Suggs started racking up sacks on his own so I switched to him to make sure he stays in check. Then Ngata and Doom started to get multiple sacks a game. Then i have two CBs rated 90 plus and great at press coverage along with Mosley who is a great cover LB. So short passes are tough to come by against me.

After year one where I had 3 guys with 16+ sacks and a few others at 8+ I released Ngata thinking he and Suggs were the primary culprits. But it did not matter because the AI QB holds the ball until he gets sacked lol.
Nerfing my team further has no appeal to me (i released Ngata for cap reasons. After year 2 Webb will be gone for the same)
It sucks because CPU pass protection is great for me right now. I've noticed it happens frequently on certain plays like curl flat and slants.

I am going to try to boost QB accuracy and see if this entices the QB to be more aggressive in the passing game. I may also set my line to QB contain on 60% of passing downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove