Old 09-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #82
sonsart2
Rookie

sonsart2's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
So I tarted these out bro. On two games. First game against the seahawks and I found that there wasn't a lot of offense. Mostly defence. Average yards per play was around 3-4yds. And only one big play throughout the entire game.

Then I simply reduced the min speed threshold to zero for the next game against the Jets. Felt the game played much much better. I still think the running game was a little too weak, as the jets only averaged either just under or just over 3 Yds per carry. (I can't remember) whilst for the raiders MJD averaged just under 4yds a carry, but McFadden had 7 carries in the game for over 60 Yds thanks to a big 35yd play for a TD in the first round.

I'm thinking possibly of dropping the injury rating to 51. I got about 5 injuries in the game, 3 for us, 2 for the jets. None of the injuries were long term, only for the game. 3 players were out for the game, but not for subsequent weeks, 2 were injured for about a quarter and then came back.

Any suggestions on injury rating? I don't know what is appropriate. Maybe I'll google it.

But overall, really nice coach mode sliders. With the min speed threshold at zero I found both teams attempting some bigger plays, and overall a better experience. I can't wait to play against an elite QB to see whether they can pick me apart and pass for a good amount of yards.

Ended up winning the game 30-13 btw.
I can't say that I've done much looking at injuries just yet, but they feel about right to me. I agree that there should be a little more downfield passing game, but I've been struggling the passing game realistic, particularly in completion %. One way to combat dink & dunk might be to raise the qb accuracy(which I really think is a misnomer for qb intelligence) and raise the defensive sliders to compensate although I haven't tried it myself. I've got my sliders in a place where I've started my own CFM as the Cowboys and may make some tweaks based on what I see in those games. Overall, I think they're quite good and as close as we can get without a patch to correct some of the glaring issues (accuracy and sacks). When it comes to the running game, some backs struggle and some don't. I think it largely depends on which rb, offensive line and d-line your playing against, in the grand scheme of things, having played as all 32 teams, I think I've got the running game just about right