View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #38
kip_kasper
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

I also did some testing with Pass Reaction & Coverage.

For pass reaction I also used the Rams & Cowboys.

I called a Cover 2 defense with the rams. The cowboys were in shotgun & there were 3 receivers on the right along with 3 defenders. The WR ran a vertical which the S covered. Murray ran into the flat which the CB would defend & MLB Lauranitis covered a corner route by Witten.

I tested at a variety of settings & really like the look & feel on 15. I really paid attention to Lauranitis vs Witten. Lauranitis has 88 AWR 95 PRC & 79 ZCV so I expected him to be in pretty good position to defend this route. With it on higher settings he would just stand there flat footed & staying in one spot. I feel that based on his ratings esp PRC he should be able to recognize the route concept & stick pretty close to Witten which he did on 15. It seemed to make his ratings matter the most.

For pass coverage I tested Cards vs Bengals in practice mode. I ran several diff routes w AJ Green & had Peterson guarding him & then subbed in Deone Buchanon a rookie S with 61 MCV. The battle between Peterson & Green looked good with each winning their fair share of battles. Some plays Green was able to get nice separation & others Peterson was in his hip pocket. There were a couple where Green only had a step on PP & he made a nice contested catch on one & the other PP was able to jar the ball loose.

Going up against the rookie S, Green won just about every play which is pretty much what you'd expect irl & also it made the ratings matter since Green had the advantage in route running & physical attributes like SPD, AGI, ACC.