View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #241
SteelD1974
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I'm sorry, but the stat lines (gotta love full box scores although they are somewhat time consuming to enter) are kind of confusing for me since you chose to do a fantasy draft. I'm not quite entirely sure who your players are (except for a few) and your opponent. If that was Romo that threw for that well on you, the only question is how good was your secondary, overall?

Also, a couple more points. The lack of pressure definitely didn't help with decreasing those QB numbers, but as people have been complaining about 9, 10, and 11 sack games, only having 1 total sack is certainly a surprise. I'm sure that also helped Romo out with so much time in the pocket (again, surprising, but at least you had to battle). I have noticed more errant passes and throw aways when pressure is in the face of the QB or coming down on him, and sacks as well from time to time.

With my Rams' front 7, I really haven't had much of a problem penetrating O-lines in my online CFM. Except, for my one loss to the Eagles last night. Their O-line held up well, and only allowed two sacks on Foles, where before I was getting a ton of penetration on the previous O-lines I played (1st two games), and wracking up quite a few sacks, and if no sacks happened too often (like my last two games), then I definitely was still putting some pressure on the QB (hardly any against the Eagles though), which did actually cause errant throws and throw aways.

And one more thing that could have had an affect. At the top of this page I gave some advice on play-calling while on defense. You can check that out and see if any of that might change things some, for the better for you. I don't now how you play-call, after all.

By the way, glad to hear about missed field goals. When I had it at 45 FG Accuracy they were just too automatic, even in a good cross-wind.. and they are still pretty much automatic for me indoors, but I have seen the CPU shank one right on a 45 yard FG indoors. Now at 40 FG Accuracy, I found it to be the "sweet spot" of sorts. In a good cross-wind you will feel a bit more pressure kicking a 45-55 yard FG accurately, as it should be, and same goes for the CPU FG kicking.

And no problem on the penalties by the way. At least some were called. Some games you'll see various and numerous penalties called, sometimes not as many. I just need to get clipping called a bit, and I'm completely done with these sliders.
All the rookies are mine.

Watkins, Bortles, Atkinson etc etc.

Romo stood tall in the pocket sometimes forrreevvvveer.

I moved Jadaveon Clowney and Khalil Mack to DE for my 4-3 defense. I took Aaron Donald from your rams, and moved Stephon Tuitt from the steelers ends and made him a DT.

I have Anthony Barr ROLB, CJ Mosley MLB and Ryan Shazier LOLB.

My corners are Justin Gilbert and Kyle Fuller (Not exactly all pros lol), and my safeties are Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor, again not exactly all pros.

The thing for me was, the sack I dont think was even a sack. It was a broken draw play where Carrethers hit both the RB and Romo before he could hand it off.

It actually came up on the screen as a negative rush for Romo, but then a sack in the stat lines.

What Im going to do now is draft an amazing DLine and then an amazing secondary. See if I can get pressure at all with these sliders.

I love the feel of normal speed, and man did Romo go deep on me about 5 times. Was refreshing to see.

The running game for the CPU is redicilous as usual, which is fine by me. I decided to play the Raiders instead of steelers so my run stopping pride wont take such a hit lol!

I really wish EA would fix the penalties. Ive got NFL Rewind and have watched all the week 1 games again, and the penalties. ESPECIALLY HOLDING!!! The new rules make it called about 5 times a game now!

"Prior to the snap, holding number 22 Defense, 5 yards, automatic first down" or some such was heard in the Cardinals-Chargers game about 4 times alone I think?

All in all, cant decide between your sliders and A&S's. My problem thus far is Im winning hands down every game now, just like last year.

Anywho, thanks for these, normal is alot of fun to try out.
Advertisements - Register to remove