Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #134
SwaggerCoach
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
This whole process is starting to give me a headache. For testing check out Oraeon's thread. He has an analytical approach and states that for the reaction slider higher is slower reaction.

If that is true it would mean that the set we tested over the weekend with low reaction/high coverage would create the tightest possible coverage and lead to the warping and route jumping i saw.

It also appears to me that pass reaction affects overall reaction(run plays).

I had one game yesterday where i only got one sack but in the next one i had six.

RTP really low definitely causes the QB to shrug off tackles, but then leads to ridiculousness like i saw last night where Big Ben tosses off three tackles, stumbles, recovers, and throws a rope 40 yards across his body while falling for a TD.

I'm beginning to think i should dramatically lower my expectations. Every time i feel we're close i get frustrated by something else.

Slideritis- ruining sports games since slider inception.
I feel ya man. I was going through it in the worst way last Thursday.
I literally played 8 halves back to back to back to back to back lol.

Here's the good news: I caught the box score for the Jaguars-Redskins game yesterday. The Redskins had 10 sacks. Yes 10.

In the Panthers, Lions game - I know you watched this - the Panthers wound up with 4 and the Lions sacked us 5 times.

I'm going to tweak and play around with speed threshold and pass blocking at 0, but ultimately I don't think we're going to be able to generate less than 3 sacks a game very often unless EA patches the game.

I'm accepting this for now and just trying to get everything else as tight as possible.

For whatever reason, this year, everyone has wildly different theories. I've never seen this community so polarized.

Half of us play with speed threshold on 0. Half 50.
Half of us play with QB accuracy at 10. Half 50 or more.
Half of us play with penalty sliders set to be as realistic in generating actual flags. Half of us tweak the penalty sliders strictly for better gameplay.

It's really a total mixed bag this year - and like you said, because every game also is very different and unique from the next, this game is hard to really lock down a definitive set of sliders.

But again, the good news is this: this is probably the most challenging and rewarding Madden I've played yet.

My end goal with these sliders is to get very clear on what each slider does so I can give you all a base set and then clear instructions for tweaking them to your liking.

To help with sacks, my mindset has shifted. Instead of worrying about how many I get, I just look at +/- compared to the CPU. If we both sack each other 5 times, I'm happy. If I sack the CPU +1 or +2 times, I'm happy too as long as it's a challenging game.

I think EA will patch this at some point...no idea when, and no idea if the patch will alleviate sacks. But I'll take any little thing I can.