Old 09-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #59
rushinplayallgame
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
I absolutely love these sliders as far as the pass game goes. However, I'm running into the same issue - I'm absolutely GASHING the defense on the ground. I play as the Eagles, so naturally, the run game should be (and is) my primary offense, but I'm regularly rushing for at least 150 yards with McCoy and anywhere between 50 and 100 with Sproles. Now, again, I'm using the Eagles who have a dominant run blocking offensive line (Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Herremans, Johnson), but 250 yards on a regular basis??? WOW!

I've tried a number of slider sets: these, BlueNinja, Armor & Sword, Charter04 and have always put up great rushing stats. Only on a handful of occasions have I been held in check, and when I say held in check, I mean McCoy's hovered at the 100 yard mark. Last season, McCoy broke the 100 yard mark 7 times and the 200 yard mark once (1607 yards on the season) and the Eagles broke the 100 yard mark 13 times and the 200 yard mark 5 times (2566 yards on the season).

I just don't know how much of it is because of my playcalling/user skills, the sliders, the ratings/matchups, and whether it's just how it should be...

Other than lowering the run blocking slider, I don't know what to do, any suggestions?
I would lower it, I have seen Jamaal Charles career average is almost 6 yards a carry, thats about what I get when I factor in the big runs (I might get one maybe every couple games), and my back up has 4.1 yards per carry average, I have a decent offensive line in the game (it's the most important group on the field!) so these seemed right to me. To be honest, I don't pay attention to other teams, I do know Jamaal has an abnormally high yards per carry average and that was my metric, so maybe a lower setting would be right, you maybe have an offensive line with 99 confidence (did you win the superbowl?) or maybe just a great running back. but everyone always feel free to tinker for your game, who knows you maybe are more skilled at the game than me, always a possibility.

jfsolo- I would like to have more completions, but the truth is I suck at throwing the ball, but i run/pass almost complete balance, nearly always very close to 30/30 a game, there are ways to cheese the defense, for example- I run a 5 WR set for 4 straight plays in the no huddle, tire out the Dline, then bring in Charles and run all over, I did this for every run play in one game last season and Charles ran for 240 yards my best total ever in the game. It is still a game and sometimes people memorize it's patterns without realizing what they are doing.

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-15-2014 at 09:46 PM.