Old 09-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #66
MizzouRah
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Haha yeah, I do that stuff too. But it definitely takes the immersive feeling away when things like that keep occurring. A few people have stated that in simming GM games that EA was starting the backups around 50-75% of the time. Definitely needs to be addressed by EA.

Hockey is not like other sports. Coaches ride their goalies for the important match-ups. If anything you see back-ups play on the second day of a back-to-back situation, against a former team, because of injury or poor performance of the starter, or just great career numbers versus a certain team during the middle of the season. This game doesn't have any logic to really implement those instances. Though a few of them should be implemented by now with the advanced systems and stat tracking etc.
I agree with you.. I'm only a couple of games into my BeaGM season and Hiller had started all 3 games for Calgary so far. I start my backup on back to back games for the most part unless it's something like Chicago and LA back to back or I'll start him if my starter had a horrible game. It would be neat if they implemented stiff like, "Elliott isn't feeling well and should sit out the next game".