View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #274
kb0731
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
No real opinion on another poster's theory, RoDogz. Though, I hope you are having good games if you are playing with these sliders.

I found that this year the sliders worked pretty much out of the box. I have noticed some posters that can't shake off that M25 "slideritis" bug though, and will probably keep on tweaking for more weeks upon months.

I can say this after testing games extensively though. Unlike in M25, sliders are NOT reversed like they were last year. Also, sliders are not mixed and matched, where you adjust one slider and it affects entirely different slider or gameplay aspect.

Last but not least, for the people testing penalty sliders and whether or not those are dramatically affecting gameplay when adjusting, you can forget that, this is I repeat, NOT M25 (which was merely a port from last gen, at that). I most of the penalty sliders from default and adjusted up in increments of 5, all while playing plenty games with my sliders, and the overall stats played out pretty much the same for every game. I have put up 4 full box scores in this thread (although I've temporarily stopped doing so), and this was while testing penalties, and nothing altered the gameplay enough to skew the stats, which the stats from the full box scores prove.

I could keep posting box scores and showing off good statistical numbers for these sliders, but I'm past that point now. I'm done adjusting the sliders for myself, and leave them open for anyone else that wants to use them to tweak to their preference, if they feel the need to do so.

As for theorizing on the sliders for M15, there really is no need. They work fine out of the box. The games I get with mine are great as is. I feel bad for anyone that might get "slideritis" this year.

The only real issue still remaining in my opinion, is still the number of sacks taken, but that CAN NOT be fixed with the current sliders, no matter what ideas someone has. That is yet again, on EA's end and in their power to go ahead and make the proper changes once again, to further fix the sack issue, however that fix may be.

As I said, the game is playing great with these sliders as is, I'm getting a various and somewhat numerous amount of penalties for teams in games, after working slowly on adjusting up the penalty sliders, and I'm not changing them and am just enjoying the game now. The only way I would tweak them again is if EA makes any gameplay changes, then I'll come back and start taking second looks.

Anyone else is free to try these sliders and I've always encouraged players to tweak a slider setting as they see fit off of any base set of sliders. Afterall, that's how I came up with these, if you read my original post.

Hope the sliders work out for anyone giving them a try. Remember to give them a good run before moving on. Try switching teams up (inferior vs superior and vice versa), or playing the same teams over and over again, to really test them. Play as or against bad to average or even elite QBs versus good defenses and bad defenses, ect. There are many ways that is the best way, to test a slider set. Good luck, have fun. Gladly, and thankfully no "slideritis" for me this year. Much improved product slider-wise this year, than M25 was last year.

I couldn't of said it better myself. I too used to have a bad case of slideritis, but I've found the cure which is madden 15 lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by kb0731; 09-16-2014 at 07:52 PM.