View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
PhiPsi1
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: QB's and Peyton manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Ok, so I have seen people post about making qb edits but have yet to see what they have been doing except I saw a couple people post they were putting trait on trigger happy. I'm not sure to post this in roster section or slider section but here is what I did and am seeing great results with manning!

This is all madden setting...

I put his trait at paranoid (actually have done this with all qb) and no it doesn't mean he will run but he will avoid rush. I also set his ball carrier vision at 95 to test and he now is really aware of any pressure and will step in pocket or to side of pocket.

I have CPU pass block at 100 and my pass coverage at 90 and reaction at 1. I'm playing as Seahawks as well. I also have CPU qb accuracy at 38. I have had no sacks and have only played just under a half (still testing) but manning is 8-14 with 133 yards (57%) and 2 td. Anytime he has felt a little pressure he has either thrown ball away or stepped in pocket to buy some time and then fires a throw. He has also thrown 1-2 errant throws.

I saw someone post about ball carrier vision and it effecting qb awareness so I thought I'd try and share. It seems to have huge effect when combined with paranoid trait. I just thought I'd share albeit a small sample size.

I did the same thing with Colin kaepernick last night and it was similar except he was running the ball more often. Had to be aware and use qb spy most all game in man coverage. This seems to me to be a game changer for qb play but again small sample size.

Let me know if you guys see similar play. I'm sure my other sliders and play calls also have an effect but I should also add Peyton has gone down field a few times as well. I've replayed every pass play to see if he has made the right read and there was only 1 time he didn't by throwing against Sherman with chancellor in over the top help (cover 2 man). Any time he had dunked and dunked it was right read as no 1 was open.

This is very interesting regarding "ball carrier vision". If your interested, I uploaded a roster file in Madden Share - BBNQBEDITS. In this file, I have adjusted all QBs (using EA Week 2 Roster Update), except for Free Agents, to be "Paranoid", "Yes - to Throw Away", AND set each QB to make "Aggressive" throws. The other edit I made is to set all QBs to "Yes - to Clutch Trait". For the "Clutch Trait", I was just doing this for my own personal preference. I have seen with these settings (using the Seahawks) that in Week 1 vs Packers, I only got to Rodgers for 1 sack (using Mebane on the D-Line), in Week 2 vs Chargers, I only got to Rivers for 2 sacks (using Mebane on the D-Line), and in Week 3 ... drum roll please ... 0 sacks on Manning (using Mebane on the D-Line).

For reference, I was using "Rushinplayallgame's" sliders BUT set on: All-Madden.

So if you want to give my edited rosters a go (to avoid having to do all the editing, although its quite quick and easy), please feel free.

Thanks for sharing regarding the "ball carrier vision", b/c playing against Rodgers, the dude would take off once he felt the pressure by my line when the pocket was collapsing. Not as much as I would have wanted so maybe this edit could be the key to solving the "Sack Da Vinci Code" (or of course, an EA patch! LOL!).

Edit: Found these stats for Manning when my "Legion of Boom" rolled into Mile High - - >

Peyton Manning

QB Rating: 82.3
Comp/Att: 17/27
Comp %: 62
Yds: 180
TD: 0
INT: 0
Avg: 6.6
Long: 27

Defensive Player Lock with Brandon Mebane (Defensive Line):

2 Solo Tackles, 1 Tackle for a Loss, & 3 Total Tackles.

***NO SACKS on Manning.

I will definitely run a testing sample size (on All-Madden) w/ your settings. By the way....Are the changes you made above, the only slider changes you made? Or if you could post your complete set, I will definitely help out w/ getting a larger sample size for testing. I will try using my BBNQBEDITS file w/ the ball carrier vision edited. Along w/ another roster set w/ the edits you have personally made as mentioned (for Paranoid & ball carrier vision only).

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 09-21-2014 at 09:09 AM.