Old 09-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #14
half-fast
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Expectations, Scores, and the Sports Gaming Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
People are moaning and groaning because the gameplay is largely the same as it has been for the past few years, with the same bad AI that they've seen. Every single video i've seen has defensive and offensive AI that doesn't look much changed from NHL12 to 14. Their Next-Gen release was delayed by an extra year, and yet outside of the graphics (that are miles beyond what the old systems offered) and commentary (from what i've heard, there seems to be a lot of dead space, though a chance is welcomed) the gameplay doesn't look much different, and there's actually fewer game modes than before. People just get bothered when we get a whole video devoted to the new way fans pose for selfies and wear silly costumes, and seemingly no time devoted to getting your AI team mates to actually skate in with you on a 3 on 1 break instead of stopping at the blue line.

If you're enjoying it, great. But don't act like the increased complaints are from people just "complaining more" like they do it for fun, and instead realize it's because there are more people being frustrated than i've ever seen around here previously when it comes to an EA NHL release.
Great points, and to add, casual gamers of a single title, or people that simply dont care for, or notice the intricacies of a game often have a negative opinion of those of us who play the game often and who do notice these details. We are generally people who are sick of the empty-headed AI year after year, and general lack of new features that would add legitimate breadth to help make the title what indeed it is trying to be ... a simulation.