Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #159
rushinplayallgame
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
So I have been trying this pass coverage high thing with low reaction timing but with my other sliders a little different then on hear. I Just had a odd game very odd. I won 34-17 packers vs redskins so what was so odd about the game? While lots of big plays. First play of the game I get a 71 yard touchdown pass then the redskins on there first play they run the option and Robert griffin III goes 80 yards on the ground for a touchdown. Latter in the game I also had a 34 yard touchdown pass and a 31 yard gain so I had like 4 plays of 30 yards or more and I think I had like 2 other plays of like 25 yards. I also gave up a 56 yard pass to the redskins where I tackled them at the 2 yard line and then they had a touchdown a few plays latter. So all told in the game there where like 6 or 7 plays of 30 yards or more and like 3 other plays around 25. I have never seen that many big plays in won game this year so far. Also I got my best kickoff return so far down the 34 yard line where the kick pushed me out of bounds. There where a few other players that may have got me within like the next 5 yards had the kicker not gotten to me in time. I think I am going to have to lower the QB slider has at 50 guys are to good but any thing below like 35 and I think they suck so next few games I think I am going to try something like 40-45. I was 24-34 in the game 70% and the CPU was 15-20 75% but had 3 INT. This was with pass coverage at 80 reaction at 3 and WR slider at 53 for both teams only my pass coverage was 85 . Told yards in this game where packers 388 redskins 294 and both teams had a lot of sacks.
I can't speak to things I haven't seen, I have no idea how your game plays if you're using differnt sliders, and actually I don't know anyway because of different player ratings and player confidence, you also might be much better than me at the game. I've played.. i dont know, 12,000 snaps? more than half have been with my decided slider set. I can say that big plays are the hardest to gauge because no team is exactly the same, many different TYPES of team are easy to predict the results, but big plays are not, so the best thing to do with them is use them to round out the averages. If you want to know how to control them- the slider balance is one answer and another is- you can't, because you can't make the QB throw it away, or throw it long, you can only coax them into doing what they SHOULD do, but the CPU may say, screw that I'm going deep every play, or never throwing it away, or i'm going to go ahead and haphazzard step out of bounds while turning up field, and those are somethings you can't fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
Have to say, I'm really enjoying these sliders. Switched to them at 4-0 or 5-0 in my Titans CFM. Lost against the Jaguars due to Locker making poor throws and getting picked off 5 times, simplified the passing and beat the Redskins and Texans, then lost heavily to the Ravens. After destroying Big Ben and the Steelers in the next game, it's been fairly decent games with both teams in it, capped by a come from behind victory against the Jaguars in my penultimate game of the season leaving me at 13-2 going into the final game.

Still seeing a load of Sacks by my DL/LBs, but I wonder if that's a combination of confidence from piling up a load of sacks early on in the season (Al Woods - with 20 sacks - has a confidence adjusted overall in the 90s) and the wider issue with Sack in the game. The sack numbers mean that CPU drives fizzle out.

My offense hasn't been unstoppable which is good (even in the Steelers game my defense got 16 of my 33 points in the first half), but I'm not giving up the Sack numbers the CPU is, nor am I seemingly under pressure a whole lot. Do predominantly use crossing routes (particularly drag routes), but even when I've thrown it deep, there's been very little pressure in getting the throws away (though have seen plenty of Roughing the Passer penalties).
I see most of my sacks on the opponents final drives, when they have no other choice but to throw long and try to move quickly, but no, you're not supposed to get sacked as much as the CPU, because the CPU is stupid. easiest way to explain it. The sliders encourage them to throw it but if they are too scared or the CPU thinks the pass coverage is too tight to make a pass and takes a sack- real QBs make those throws and the more aware ones in the game will too (which is a huge reason not to have QB accuracy set low, it would be interception city), too much of the game is controlled by the player ratings, and until you can edit those in CFM, all you have is the sliders to work with. I didn't see all the sacks when better QBs were in the league, but if you don't like it now, you're going to hate it 6 or 7 years into franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Gotta say, when you put the sliders together as a whole and play them, they work very well; my stick skills suck so i put human Run Blocking back to 51 from the newer adjusted 46. But other than that, all has been good
that's always good to edit them if not working for you but I do agree they work best in concert, and I have jamaal charles, but the run slider is easy to set beacuse you can take your 1st RBs average and you backups average into account since they will be getting carries with fatige set at 60-64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Rushin my man (you also have one of the cleverest names on OS) these are the truth man. I've tried a bunch of sets here & liked most of them for various reasons but yours are my favorite & I'm running w/these for my Giants CFM. Awesome job bruh.
Thanks for the name, I thought it was clever too but you're the only person to comment, glad you are enjoying the game more now.