View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
Seanzie
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2
Seanzie's "THERE ARE ALREADY TOO MANY ****ING SLIDERS" Realistic All-Madden Sliders

So, after having spent nearly a month with this sometimes wonderful, sometimes frustrating game, I like to think I've come up with an awesome set of sliders that are challenging but predicated completely on realism.

My thought process with sliders is this: if I play an elite team with a bad team, I should lose most of the time. Vice versa, if I play a bad team with an elite team, the game should feel easier. Teams that have strong defenses should feel like they have strong defenses. Teams with poor offensive lines should feel as though they have poor offensive lines. Colt McCoy shouldn't be the second coming of Russell Wilson. You get the point.

Additionally, I wanted to see a realistic number of plays. To be more specific, I wanted to see anywhere from 110 to 150 plays per game.

Passing, while not impossible, is not extremely easy. If you have a poor QB and a poor OL, you are going to struggle most days. You will not have all day to throw. Remember to step up in the pocket (when one exists). It can be frustrating, but it is in the name of realism.

Originally, I really liked All-Pro but I felt as I adjusted to the game that it simply became a little too easy without completely nerfing the Player Sliders and making it feel like I was playing at a severe disadvantage. So, obviously, I had to move everything up to All-Madden, and begin my testing again. And that's where we are now.

I'd like to say that these are final because I've been playing with them with a couple minor adjustments here and there, but we shall see.

I also have a custom roster I use that combines preseason rosters with (mostly) up to date transactions, along with moving most QB to have the trait "Paranoid" or for a select few, "Oblivious" as I still think it adds to the game. If there is a demand for them, I will gladly upload them. I play on Xbox One.

Also a big thing with my sliders: THESE ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED WITH PENALTIES AT DEFAULT LEVELS! ALL 50'S! I know it's a bummer, but Madden's penalty sliders have been broken in every iteration of the game. Penalty sliders never give realistic amounts of penalty calls on a per game basis, and also have ADVERSE effects on gameplay. I've tested my own sliders with several other community members penalty sliders, and felt an imbalance that wasn't there otherwise. So yes, my sliders will give realistic gameplay and statistics, but few penalties. That's unfortunately how it has to be.

There are no real house rules for these sliders, but I will admit that I feel like the game plays better if you use the "Defensive Perspective" camera on defense, and don't constantly switch players.

Any setting not listed is player choice.

With no further adieu...

Skill Level: All-Madden
Quarter Length: 15 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock: 14
Game Speed: Normal
Injury: On
Pre Existing Injury: Off (mostly because some players would be out for the season, but could not be placed on IR)

Play Call Style: Quick (too often I would press the wrong button when trying to get back to the play calling screen)
Strafe Assist: On
Pre Snap Menu: On
Coaching Tips: Off
Player Names: Pre Snap
Heat Seeker: On
Ball Hawk: On
Switch Assist: On
Defensive Graphics: Full
Kick Aiming Arc: On

Player Skill

QB Accuracy: 8
Pass Blocking: 40
WR Catching: 48
Run Blocking: 32
Fumbles: 30 (The most frustrating slider. Sometimes you won't fumble for weeks, sometimes you'll fumble four or five times.)
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 45
Interceptions: 40
Pass Coverage: 55
Tackling: 45

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy: 8
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 46
Run Blocking: 35
Fumbles: 30
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 40
Interceptions: 40
Pass Coverage: 55
Tackling: 40

Special Teams (for both)

FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 48
Punt Accuracy: 55
Kickoff Power: 54

Injuries: 54 (54 seems like too few, 55 is too many. It's a weird line.)
Fatigue: 56
Min Player Speed Threshold: 15

Last edited by Seanzie; 09-23-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove