View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #290
Shon 23
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

After more games, I've recently made what I believe to be necessary gameplay slider adjustments. Yes, I've said the gameplay sliders were final before, but this IS it. No more adjustments from here on out, unless EA makes changes to the gameplay, which causes the sliders to behave differently. This is no "slideritis," but slight adjustments I've made under specific scrutiny of on-the-field gameplay, and which I feel needed to be tuned for more specific realistic results.

You can adjust these yourself, or continue playing with the previous gameplay slider settings, but I feel these were needed changes after more extensive playing. Overall, just several changes were made.

Here are the slider adjustments.

Player Skill:

Run Blocking - 50 (down from 55)

Pass Coverage - 50 (up from 40)

CPU Skill:

Run Blocking - 60 (down from 65)

The OP has been edited to reflect these gameplay slider adjustments.

In all, I felt the run game needed to be tweaked some (User Run Blocking), definitely. For user running, if you played enough games and would take notice of your RB's yards per carry from game to game, they were a bit in the high-end range for some of the average running backs, especially against some of the better defenses, this should slightly lower that average, but you'll still get your yards with good backs, as well as grind out hard-fought yardage with below-average to average RBs. This should keep you from topping the rushing yardage total year to year in your CFM with average an RB (keeping you in check), while the more elite backs move up some on that list and not be pushed down.

The CPU running game (CPU Run Blocking) needed to be tweaked slightly as well, as I've played some games with great front 7's allowing too many yards sometimes to average RBs. These RBs should more often than not get shut down on many carries, instead of breaking off huge runs. The adjustment to this slider will slightly lower this outcome, but still allow average RBs to grind out yards against better defenses, over the course of a game. Below average RBs will struggle against a good front 7, but still grind out yards on you, that is if the CPU does not abandon the run early.

Finally, I believe the CPU Pass Coverage slider needed to be slightly adjusted (too high and you WILL see higher sack totals), as some average QBs would usually start hot early on, and sometimes continue on their streak of a higher than not completion percentage. Before, over the course of the game, you would eventually get pass break-ups and errant passes by these QBs, but I still found the completion percentages to be in the high-end range for some average QBs at the end of games, and possibly even for the below average QBs (but not often for them). For the above average to elite QBs, this slight adjustment to the Pass Coverage slider should not affect them that much at all.

You will just get slightly better coverage from your DBs against lower-tier WRs and lower-tier QBs, and hopefully see CPU QB completion percentages anywhere from the 50's to mid 50's (bad to a slightly average/mediocre game passing) to 60 and 70 percent (good to great game passing) for the better QBs and WRs you go up against. It is a very slight adjustment, like my previous, but it should ultimately slightly alter stats and the on-the-field gameplay a bit, as the User and CPU Run Blocking sliders will slightly as well. Just enough in my opinion, to make a good, more realistic difference.

These WILL be my final adjustments to any and all sliders from here on out, with this set (pending EA gameplay changes). I feel this will give you the best balance of gameplay, so don't hesitate to try them out, or even tweak them yourself as you play with them.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-25-2014 at 05:36 AM.