View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 12:15 AM   #148
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
If I may, I do not believe one must own the game to recognize how forced, stunted, and poorly written storylines may negatively affect one's connection with realism. Similarly, I do not believe we must play the game firsthand before we can gather how the return of signature size-up dribbles may positively aide in immersion. It would appear most of those opposed to certain MyCareer details have done so in a respectful manner, often with reasonable explanations for their stance. I do not believe it means anyone is attempting to suggest that there aren't those who are in favor of many of the very alterations for which we object.

As for the word "immersion", I still feel it is being used for a reason. MyPlayer was a mode whose initial cornerstone was, in fact, ultimate immersion. That has clearly changed over the years and many do not support such a change. It seems to be a matter of opinion. If a group's issue with a new aspect of MyCareer is that it makes it feel less like they're really playing in the NBA, again, I'm not sure if there's a better word to use than immersion. Unless, again, we just want to go with "implementation detrimental to the realistic portrayal of a simulation product and subsequent enjoyment derived from a mode largely hinged upon immersion", a phrase for which I am beginning to warm up.
..and again as I said thats a personal preference, because NONE of that is an immersion killer for everyone. Its just a buzzword being thrown around this year.

If I want to play as a singular player Ill create a player put him on a team and use player lock during the season in my league.

I mean I understand your frustrations here, but in alot of ways its just not the case for everyone. None of this stuff was thrown around last year now its a HUGE issue and immersion killer NOW....

I don't think we have to agree on this but there are other parts to the game so my career my league my gm the park whatever, find what gives you the most enjoyment and do that....