Old 09-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #128
Da_Czar
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
This may be the biggest improvement of A.I. in video games since F.E.A.R. It's just outstanding. I did not see that coming at all.

Now imagine players being determined by their ability to read offenses differently, being able to be in the right spot the right time or not. Was it Tony Parker's basketball I.Q. who ran the screen twice and faked a third in all of three seconds or would anybody have done that?

Either way, it's amazing to see A.I. controlled players do that.
First we have to build it. Then we make it intelligent, then we diversify it.

This year we built it and added a small bit of intelligence but it is just the ground floor. Next year we don't have to invent it. It already exists right ? So then we get to add that depth that you guys may want.

So to answer your question directly every AI player put in that situation will have access to that solution this year.

The goal is then to make it as you said appropriate to a given players awareness or intelligence. We can start to play with how quickly a player can see and understand what is happening and how quickly he can react once he understands etc. Very exciting stuff but, we have to get the base behavior to work correctly first.

That is why in my mind, iteration is the key, to taking these games where I believe you guys want them to go.

And everything I have said in other threads still applies. The AI is not always going to be fantastic even with this new system. But hopefully you can see the growth and we can keep the missteps to a minimum.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 09-26-2014 at 05:01 PM.