View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #423
spidertour02
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

My sister got me NHL 15 on PS4 for my birthday on Saturday, so I've had some time to play around with it. I'm really enjoying it so far. There are certainly some problems, but since I mostly stick to Be A GM, I haven't really felt like I'm missing anything significant with this release.

I enjoy the gameplay (though it required a little tinkering with sliders to get it to be less of a goalfest, as many have suggested here). The interface looks nice, but I find that it's too sluggish for my liking. There's something off about working with save files, as if the game is trying to hide something from me behind the curtain, Wizard of Oz style.

I love the presentation, from the sound to the NBC graphics. Unlike with the demo, I find Doc's delivery to suit the game perfectly -- I disagree that it's too slow or laconic. I think they may have also tweaked the crowd noise because I haven't had the problems that I was reading about with the silent crowd. The overall style really looks great, though I needed to make a tweak to my router to fix that weird offline lag problem. (Seriously, what's up with that?)

Overall, I have very positive impressions so far.