View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #367
Sundown
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I don't think people really think about it. The consoles have limited RAM and limited disc space. If you ADD gigs of data, gigs of data have to be removed. We all know that the game is already new the disc limit. It was over 40g last year - one of, if not THE, biggest game released on NG systems. With the MyCareer scenes, more detailed player, more audio content for game AND the Shaq and Ernie show, where do you fit it all in? And this will continue to happen. To think that the game can continue to grow and grow and grow and grow over the years is naive, isn't it? NOTE: I'm NOT saying it doesn't suck. But I'm saying that no one should be surprised or read any malice into it.

There are STILL a lot of people (around 4 million) on old-gen and they sure as hell care a LOT.

You're right. Sometimes, things get removed for reasons that suck. This is not one of them, in my opinion.

If it was removed for analytic reasons, it's a reason that sucks.

I assumed the space taken up by the Shaq and Ernie show would simply be the half time show. Would make a whole lot of sense, wouldn't it? This might be a little forceful, but I'm going to say that you don't ax a halftime presentation in a basketball game for disk space. If you care about presentation at all. Period.

I can name several things that should go first (IMO), like ThePark for instance. Because it's basically a tech demo that's a shadow of Crew designed to solicit VC to play dress up. Blacktop can go too, if need be.

If it was logistically impossible because of the Bruce controversy, I'll just live with that.

EDIT: And I wrote this minutes after the new Park announcement, to which reactions seem pretty good. We'll see, but if it's more crew like, then it's a good step. Now how about arenas and refs and pro ball and all that?

Last edited by Sundown; 10-01-2014 at 01:27 PM.