Old 10-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #20
KingV2k3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Penalty Explanation Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
I've tinkered quite a bit with Holding in the past 2 weeks, and feel that it has a large effect on the run game as well. I'm most interested in intentional grounding and roughing the passer. These are two penalties that should ONLY influence that passing game. Most slider sets involve a drastic change to intentional grounding, but I haven't seen much testing on it. How does it react at 45? 0? 55? 100? How does it effect QB decision making? A few sliders are starting to incorporate roughing the passer changes as well, but have really only heard theory's on it's impact. If these two sliders have an impact, and can be mastered, they should be the first sliders implemented when creating/experimenting. I'm also curious as to what the effect thresh. has on pass rush.

In the past (and with NCAA) my experience has been that higher IG settings have lead to better decision making by the QB...

Lower makes them "stick with the play" often to their overall detrimient...

80 has been the "sweet spot" for that (for me) for a while now...

RTP does influence the "abandon" that the DL takes en route to the QB, so lowering below default may slow the rush / lower sacks...

Interesting thought...

Maybe start with 40 there?