royals19
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: The Legend of Nolan Ryan: A Story of Fastballs and Revenge

Texas Ranch
Somewhere in Texas
March 10th 2014
9:00 PM

A couple weeks after he hatched his award winning plan, Nolan set about contacting some old friends who could help him get the ball rolling on his plan. He didn’t like having to go about things like this anymore than the next guy but as the old saying goes, in order to do good, one may have to engage in evil. Making a handshake deal with these goons was like making a deal with the devil… something you don’t do unless you’re a really good fiddle player.

Quote:
???- What we did in 1963 is a whole different gig Nolan… You’re asking us to whack off the ownership of the Texas Rangers. That could get us into all sorts of trouble. The people love them, the cops would throw us in jail and your *** would be grass.
Quote:
Nolan Ryan- I didn’t ask if it would be a good idea. I asked you if you could make it happen.
Quote:
??? 2- Well what are you going to pay us with? Your debt? You don’t have any cash.
Quote:
Nolan Ryan-What if I give you a promise?
The men looked at each other.

Quote:
??? -3 What kinda promise?
Quote:
Nolan Ryan- What if I promise you a world series win?
Quote:
??? 3- When?
Quote:
Nolan Ryan- Why not this year?
Quote:
???- I suppose we can take you up on that offer. After all, we’re getting tired of putting all our hopes behind Tony Romo and the Cowboys. You’ve got yourself a deal.
Nolan shook their hands and departed for the evening. The only left to do now was sit back and watch the fireworks. His grand plan was moving ahead, full steam. Nolan offered a mischievous grin when he thought about the surprise waiting for his old partners…

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil